Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dr. Ben Carson, Crackpot

He was no doubt paid very handsomely, and rightly so, for

his skills as a neurosurgeon. I still find it hard to understand

how a man who is obviously intelligent could believe some of

the things he says. One would think that he would hit the

briefing books and do some studying before running, though

his lack of basic knowledge certainly hasn't hurt him politically.

Of course not, Vautrin! That makes him "one with The People"!!! LOL

Which now reminds me of a little "game" I ran at LAX's Northwest Airlines boarding gates on the night of July 4th for a few years...

There was usually a large reduction in air travel on the evenings of Independence Day each year, and which meant the First Class sections of the planes were also usually quite empty, and so if that were the case, I'd walk up to the boarding gate podium and make the following little announcement:

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. Can I have your attention, please. I'm going to run a little game here, and so in honor of this day, for the first person who can walk up here and tell the first few words in our Declaration of Independence, I will upgrade them and the person of their choice to First Class on this flight this evening."

And wouldn't ya know that it almost ALWAYS took at least the first 5 or 6 people who'd walk up and very tentatively say, "We the people ?" before someone would FINALLY walk up to me and say "When in the course of human events"!

(...and which I think might "prove" my point here at least a little bit...well, THAT of course and the idea that I MIGHT have maybe made one hell of freakin' game show host instead of workin' for the damn airlines all those years!!!) ;)

LOL

(...and which I think might "prove" my point here at least a little bit...well, THAT of course and the idea that I MIGHT have maybe made one hell of freakin' game show host instead of workin' for the damn airlines all those years!!!) ;)

If you like, we could start calling you "Wink".

I almost added that it would probably even help him, but the

good doctor has provided me with so much entertainment

in the last few months, I felt he deserved a break. I have

noticed a few articles about how know nothingism seems to

be an actual advantage to some voters.

So, you mean somethin' like the mindset:

"All I know is that THAT guy(and occasionally a gal...from perhaps the state of Alaska) is a straight-talkin' candidate who I KNOW I could sit down with a have a beer or two while I tell 'em why I think this here country is goin' to hell in a hand-basket!"

(...is that about it?!) ;)

He was no doubt paid very handsomely, and rightly so, for

his skills as a neurosurgeon. I still find it hard to understand

how a man who is obviously intelligent could believe some of

the things he says. One would think that he would hit the

briefing books and do some studying before running, though

his lack of basic knowledge certainly hasn't hurt him politically.

Not my question.  I just wonder if Medicaid or some other government medical program paid his bills as well as the hosptiatals, etc.