• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Abbott and Costello Movie "The Time of There Live"

amerks96

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This is one of my favorite Abbott and Costello movies as well. It was actually the first of their movies I ever saw when my parents bought one of the Abbott and Costello DVD sets. It's not one of their funniest movies, but it still has a good storyline, and I love it.

I agree, amerks96. I've loved it since way back when there wasn't cable. I loved it when I was able to tape it from AMC but didn't tape the ending. I loved it when TCM finally programmed it and I was able to tape it, complete with the lovely ending, ods bodkin!

I loved watching part of it again yesterday, and was as happy seeing the stars coming down on Costello and Reynolds (I had forgotten how much I loved that satin blouse of hers) for the umpteenth time as I was when I first saw it.

Interesting comment by Ben M., that the director worked on several movies with the team after that.

In case you couldn't tell, I loved that movie!!!!

dolores

This is one of my favorite Abbott & Costello's.

My wife can't stand A & C, but she likes this movie. It is different from their usual in that they don't work together as a team. I have the impression that this one was a bit of a flop back in 1946.

I love the part where one of the women asks the creepy housekeeper (Gail Sondergaard) "Didn't I see you in Rebecca?"

I enjoyed seeing this one again, too. I think A&C had a sort of checkered career in films: some of their movies are just awful, but others are well-written, well-directed, and their performances are reined - more cinematic than burlesque.

Others of theirs I like are "Buck Privates" and especially "The Little Giant."

• 1 year later...