Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Patriot

jackpickford1

Does anybody know if "The Patriot" from 1928 exists at all? It is considered a lost film, but I have seen a trailer for it. It is strange that a trailer exists yet the film prints are all gone. I'd rather lose the trailer and have a print of the movie. The movie looked like it would've been very good and I think it was released by Paramount.

hey..... isn't that the film Lewis Stone won an Oscar nomination for???? Seems it would have been MGM since Stone was with that studio for a hundred years.....

Ernst Lubitsch, THE PATRIOT (1929), Starring Emil Jennings, is sadly a lost film. It was a Paramount production. There is no record of the picture after 1948! It just simply vanished, less than 20's years after it's release! This is among the most highly sought after works of the entire silent era!

hey great info...... I thought Stone only ever worked for MGM....how bizarre he got his only Oscar nom for what appears to have been a loan out.... Sounds like a great film with Emil Jannings and Stone.... Another lost treasure.

also in The Patriot the forgotten Florence Vidor...... oddly 8 people have voted for this film in IMDb.... a lot of votes for a lost film...... The plot sounds terrific and perfect for the great Jannings......

Nearly all the comments for London After Midnight are based on the stills reconstruction that TCM ran a few years ago! (Or else are simply laments about its being a lost film.)

Neither of the comments for The Patriot is by anyone who claims to have seen it, and both are just gripes that the film is no longer extant.

IMDb doesn't require an oath that you've seen a movie in order to issue a rating for it. You can even vote more than once for the same film, though I don't know if a second vote cancels out your earlier one.

excuse me? did you mean me? all I was doing was lamenting the loss of what sounds to be an interesting film and poitning out that IMDb amassed 8 votes for a film that apparently doesn'y exist. I realize the votes don't mean anything, hence my use of the word "oddly."