Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah, a cushy retirement at our expense. One of the worst speakers ever. (and from my state, of course....)

Consideering his district, is it really southern Ohio or northern Kentucky?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, a cushy retirement at our expense. One of the worst speakers ever. (and from my state, of course....)

For me to judge if Boehner was one of the worst speakers ever I'll need to see what Ryan is able to get done.

Clearly Boehner was speaker in one of these least effective Houses ever,  but I'm not sure one can say that makes him one of the worst speakers ever,  since maybe, regardless of who was the speaker, they wouldn't have done a better job of leading a herd of cats (GOP House members).   Oh, and I apologize to all cat lovers!

I should have qualified it by saying in my memory. They could probably dig up someone from the distant past. But doubt there could be as many THAT BAD. (shutting down the government; preventing bills that had the votes to pass from getting to the floor etc..........)

I should have qualified it by saying in my memory. They could probably dig up someone from the distant past. But doubt there could be as many THAT BAD. (shutting down the government; preventing bills that had the votes to pass from getting to the floor etc..........)

Newt Gingrich?  Dennis Hastert??

Regardless, Boehner failed the American people because he refused to bring up bills unless a majority of Republicans had committed to vote for them.  Known as the Hastert Rule after former speaker Dennis Hastert when he was Republican Speaker of the House.

All bills should be voted on.  Period.

Newt Gingrich?  Dennis Hastert??

Regardless, Boehner failed the American people because he refused to bring up bills unless a majority of Republicans had committed to vote for them.  Known as the Hastert Rule after former speaker Dennis Hastert when he was Republican Speaker of the House.

All bills should be voted on.  Period.

Yeah, birds of a feather. But with Boehner it seemed he went from crisis to crisis. The others (if I remember correctly) had some breathers in between...........

Some people criticized Boehner for not cracking down on what

became the Freedom Carcass earlier in his term. He sort of

went along and after that couldn't get out again. He didn't have

the guts to stand up to them. I'm sure he's glad to be out of that

mess.

Yep. No guts. Or principles. He didnt want to lose his job or the perks. I'm thankful Pope Francis visited when he did. We have him to thank!