Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TRICK FOR TRICK (1933)

PrinceSaliano

This ultra-rare Fox title is scheduled in January. This might be the best news ever from TCM. I've been hoping to see this magic-themed mystery for 30+ years. I read years ago the only known print was at the Museum of Modern Art. Whoever is responsible deserves a gargantuan THANK YOU!

Yes, I also noticed this very exciting rarity on the January schedule. It and the 1931 Fox film "Don't Bet On Women" (scheduled for Jan. 12) and the 1934 Paramount feature "Wharf Angel" (Jan. 7) are definitely the TCM highlights of the month for me. (Let's hope they remain on the schedule and are not replaced before they are due to be shown).

• Like 2

This ultra-rare Fox title is scheduled in January... I read years ago the only known print was at the Museum of Modern Art.

"Trick for Trick" was shown at the second annual Capitolfest in Rome, NY on August 14, 2004, and the print was indeed from Museum of Modern Art. The movie went over very well at The Capitol and was one of the highlights of the festival, and I'm very excited at the chance to finally get to see it again, on TCM. 

I know it sounds paranoid but this is my concern, too. Please, TCM, don't cancel TRICK FOR TRICK for some reason.

You're not alone on that fear.  I remember TCM scheduling ESCAPE [1948] on Rex Harrison's day in August and then pulling it off its schedule.

The Canadian schedule for January has come out and Canadians WILL NOT have the opportunity to see TRICK FOR TRICK.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!

I can only hope that the schedule will change again before January but it's highly unlikely.

Canada's a great country and we now have a youthful, optimistic new Prime Minister. But these copyright issues preventing us from seeing a number of the films featured on TCM almost makes me wish I was an American.

Enjoy the film, you lucky south of the 49th parallel crowd, you.

And one from South of  The 49th parallel joins the chorus--************

Wharf Angel (1934) has disappeared!!!

"Don't Bet On Women" is still on Jan 11th, now at 11:00 p.m. E.S.T.

Edit--TCM is shuffling their schedule--DBOW is now a "TCM premiere"

Are now scheduled to see first "Bulldog Drummond (1929)--sterling review by Maltin--whatever films

plot quality, will be interesting to see.

And one from South of  The 49th parallel joins the chorus--************

Trick for Trick (1933) AND Wharf Angel (1934) have disappeared!!!!!

Are now scheduled to see first "Bulldog Drummond (1929)--sterling review by Maltin--whatever films

plot quality, will be interesting to see.

filmlover, I still see TRICK FOR TRICK still listed on the U.S. schedule for January 15 at 12am. Are you sure you're losing it, too?

Bulldog Drummond is a delightful tongue-in-cheek adventure film with a light hearted Ronald Colman in great form taking on the bad guys in melodramatic fashion. Don't miss this one, which is also still scheduled for Canada, as well, from what I can see.

• Like 1

Anyone interested, read the last 6--7 posts--"Swing!" (1938) is back for now--schedule is changing   fast.  HoldenIsHere--you're right--as of this moment.

Unlike earlier yesterday, the U.S. schedule now looks the same as my Canadian on that date. Are we both now getting shafted of Trick for Trick?

• Like 1

Yeh, but was it still there at 6:22pm? ;)

It wasn't there at 8:22pm Eastern time. Things to Come was in its place (and running for the second time that month). Trick For Trick was one of the things to go.