Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IanPatrickMovieReviews

"The City of the Dead/Horror Hotel" 1960 Video Movie Review - Witches Everywhere!

I recently watched a super freaky witch movie, so if witches scare you, then this is the perfect movie for you. If you're a fan of the show "Salem," then this movie is perfect for you, too. "Horror Hotel" aka "The City of the Dead" stars Christopher Lee and came out in 1960. Shows the darkest side of witchcraft in a small village in New England. A great Halloween watch!

My review: 

may want to consider combining these reviews under one thread....??

(just a thought)  :unsure:

Doing it like this makes it more specific. People can see the title of the movie, and click on it if they wish to. Did you even watch the review or any of my other reviews? Or are you just concerned where and how I post? I put a lot of time and work into making these. I already have a thread that has all my reviews in one place. This is just another place where I can post just in case people don't see my main thread.

If you had watched the review, I feel like you would have said something about the movie like other people do...not focus on criticizing how I posted it. I'm here to talk about movies. 

I'm here to talk about movies. 

Glad you are. I noticed you have been posting some reviews on films from 1960. Will you go past '60, or is this your unofficial cut-off year?

• Like 1

Glad you are. I noticed you have been posting some reviews on films from 1960. Will you go past '60, or is this your unofficial cut-off year?

I won't go past 1969! It will probably be rare for me to go past 1965, too, unless there's a movie that I really want to see. After Halloween, I'll be back to my favorite era (30s - 40s). I just feel like the 50s and 60s have a lot of good horror films. 

• Like 1

I won't go past 1969! It will probably be rare for me to go past 1965, too, unless there's a movie that I really want to see. After Halloween, I'll be back to my favorite era (30s - 40s). I just feel like the 50s and 60s have a lot of good horror films. 

Cool. Thanks for explaining. I was just wondering is all. :)

• Like 1

Ian--good film--thanks for spotlighting it in a review--this wasn't high on my priority list to see--but was very good, if obviously low-budget.  Good camerawork, like you mentioned--dry ice everywhere, for that foggy look.  Rare time script was better than actors (except for Lee)--Lee and script carried film.

You were careful not to give too much plot away--that's appreciated--Keep the horror reviews coming.

As for ideas--a haunted house film--Egyptian mummies--werewolves--lots left to choose from. :)

• Like 1

Ian--good film--thanks for spotlighting it in a review--this wasn't high on my priority list to see--but was very good, if obviously low-budget.  Good camerawork, like you mentioned--dry ice everywhere, for that foggy look.  Rare time script was better than actors (except for Lee)--Lee and script carried film.

You were careful not to give too much plot away--that's appreciated--Keep the horror reviews coming.

As for ideas--a haunted house film--Egyptian mummies--werewolves--lots left to choose from. :)

This was probably my favorite find this Halloween...either this one or "Carnival of Souls." I'm glad you enjoyed it, too! 

• Like 1

"Horror Hotel" has always been a favorite of mine.  I was lucky enough to see it on a double feature with "Burn Witch Burn"  on initial release.  By coincidence, there is a scene in HH where Christopher Lee says "Burn Witch Burn". 

• Like 1