Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Obvious Question About HOW THE WEST WAS WON:

Palmerin

Didn't Debbie Reynolds sing in just about all of her movies during the 1950s and 1960s? That's one reason she was "America's Sweetheart" for so many years.

Plus, the musical score by Alfred Newman (with Ken Darby) won an Academy Award nomination. In 2005, the American Film Institute released a survey ranking it No. 25 on the list of the 25 greatest film scores of all time.

And have you ever noticed that John Williams' scores take up a fair amount of time in the movies he's done?

I shoulda used a z? :)

Actually, I think I owe you an apology, ND. Looking it up I see that colorized is spelled as colorised by some, (Not me, of course, but that's a side issue).

Sorry I jumped too fast to try to make a smart alecky point. Just made myself look stooopid.

Actually, I think I owe you an apology, ND. Looking it up I see that colorized is spelled as colorised by some, (Not me, of course, but that's a side issue).

Sorry I jumped too fast to try to make a smart alecky point. Just made myself look stooopid.

Yeah Tom, you seem to have forgotten that those included to spell certain words in this language using that superfluous letter 'u', are ALSO inclined to use an 's' in place of a 'z'(correctly pronounced "zee" and NOT "zed" of course...well, at least here in the good ol' U.S.of A. anyway) whenever spelling the suffix "ize".

(...but then again of course, I suppose this DOES beg the question: What was a good ol' American boy like ND thinkin' when he spelled the word "colorize" with that there 's', now doesn't it?!) ;)