Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3rd GOP Debate: Best One Yet

darkblue

As Trump crows about renegotiating the third debate down to two hours, “so we can get the hell out of here,” the debate wraps up. “For the record, the debate was always going to be two hours,” moderator John Harwood shoots back, sparking angry denials from Trump.

That moment captured one of the night’s big themes—the us-against-them refrain that Cruz, Rubio, Trump and Carson all played in their comments about liberal bias in the mainstream media.

Read more here:

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/the_third_republican_debate_gop_candidates_put_their_mouths_where_20151028

Funny quip I'm sort of proud of....

My wife, who detested Trump even LONG before he ever ran for president, said she'd find it easier to watch the debates if they .."Did us all a favor and threw a white sheet over Trump's head."  To which I couldn't resist but to reply....

"If they threw a white sheet over Trump's head, we could  WATCH MOVIES!"   :D

Sepiatone

Funny quip I'm sort of proud of....

My wife, who detested Trump even LONG before he ever ran for president, said she'd find it easier to watch the debates if they .."Did us all a favor and threw a white sheet over Trump's head."  To which I couldn't resist but to reply....

"If they threw a white sheet over Trump's head, we could  WATCH MOVIES!"   :D

Sepiatone

Almost all of those GOP candidates have a figurative white sheet over their heads.

Here's some of the lies told in the 3rd GOP debate - read this column to see what they were.

On Wednesday night, there were two rounds of GOP presidential debates. First, candidates polling at around one percent nationally had a shorter debate, followed by the frontrunners in a second debate. Both debates took place in an alternate reality, where facts are made up on the spot and history doesn’t matter.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/8_lies_distortions_and_misrepresentations_from_the_third_gop_20151029

Almost all of those GOP candidates have a figurative white sheet over their heads.

Well, yeah I guess. 

But you DO recognize I was more or less referring to the  fatness of Donald Trump's head, right?

And I mean that BOTH figuratively and literally.  :)

Another funny occurance...

I have a brother in law who's a "die-hard" and "dyed in the wool" republican.  And even HE is disappointed with the line-up runing for the presidency.  However, his 15 year old grandson, who visits him often, recently asked him..."If that thing in Benghazi never happened, what would those guys on FOX NEWS find to talk about?"  As of now, the lucky kid has NO preferrence or familiarity of American politics( thus no opinion).

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Well, yeah I guess. 

But you DO recognize I was more or less referring to the  fatness of Donald Trump's head, right?

And I mean that BOTH figuratively and literally.  :)

Another funny occurance...

I have a brother in law who's a "die-hard" and "dyed in the wool" republican.  And even HE is disappointed with the line-up runing for the presidency.  However, his 15 year old grandson, who visits him often, recently asked him..."If that thing in Benghazi never happened, what would those guys on FOX NEWS find to talk about?"  As of now, the lucky kid has NO preferrence or familiarity of American politics( thus no opinion).

Sepiatone

what does a republican hafta do to not have a figurative white sheet on his head? advocate complete abolition of all immigration laws? :D

what does a republican hafta do to not have a figurative white sheet on his head? advocate complete abolition of all immigration laws? :D

Many of them attack the Voting Rights Act. Just like those guys with the sheets over their heads!

Many of them attack the Voting Rights Act. Just like those guys with the sheets over their heads!

I myself have never heard ANY republican ever attack the voting rights act on television or print but over the years have heard many a democrat say that.

in truth it is the democratic party which has the historical intimate relationship with the k k k which the msm refuses to acknowledge because it won't fit the democratic party's post-1968 bs narrative as self-professed heroes of the downtrodden.

in truth it is the democratic party which has the historical intimate relationship with the k k k 

You are right -- but parties change a lot over the centuries. The South became Democratic because Lincoln (a Republican) freed the slaves; the South became Republican because it was the Democrats who passed Civil Rights legislation in the 1960s.

When LBJ beat Goldwater in 1964, and the Democrats had huge majorities in both houses, LBJ asked his Attorney General to draft  "the goddamndest, toughest voting rights act that you can." It became law 50 years ago. It is the Republicans who are now fighting the law. During his Senate campaign, Ted Cruz said it should be repealed. 

Try READING.

It CAN be fun.

For example, HAD you read my post, you'd have realized it was the FATNESS of Trump's head that I made referrence to being both "figurative" and "Literal".  NOT the white sheet. (D'OH!)

I know racial bigots that adhere to EITHER party, and racially tolerant individuals who do also.  That ALL Democrats are liberals is as false as all republicans being socially conservative.  I had two brothers-in law who WERE(they've both passed) racial bigots, sexists, anti abortion, pro gun and pro death penalty.  ALL things most people associate with republicans.  However, every four years these guys voted for the DEMOCRAT for president.  WHY??

Because they were loyal UAW members, and militantly "pro labor".  And the DEMOCRATS have long been believed to be pro labor, too.

Don't(or even DOAN) forget.  There WERE a lot of idiots who voted for George Wallace back in '68 because they actually believed that if elected, he actually COULD load every African American in the country on a boat and ship them all back to Africa.

Sepiatone

Try READING.

It CAN be fun.

For example, HAD you read my post, you'd have realized it was the FATNESS of Trump's head that I made referrence to being both "figurative" and "Literal".  NOT the white sheet. (D'OH!)

I know racial bigots that adhere to EITHER party, and racially tolerant individuals who do also.  That ALL Democrats are liberals is as false as all republicans being socially conservative.  I had two brothers-in law who WERE(they've both passed) racial bigots, sexists, anti abortion, pro gun and pro death penalty.  ALL things most people associate with republicans.  However, every four years these guys voted for the DEMOCRAT for president.  WHY??

Because they were loyal UAW members, and militantly "pro labor".  And the DEMOCRATS have long been believed to be pro labor, too.

Don't(or even DOAN) forget.  There WERE a lot of idiots who voted for George Wallace back in '68 because they actually believed that if elected, he actually COULD load every African American in the country on a boat and ship them all back to Africa.

Sepiatone

I barely know what figurative means. :)

We’ll face down Vladimir Putin and the leaders of Iran, the contenders all say, but somebody save us from reporters asking rude questions. :lol:

- Eugene Robinson

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/dont_blame_it_all_on_the_moderators_20151102

• Like 1

We’ll face down Vladimir Putin and the leaders of Iran, the contenders all say, but somebody save us from reporters asking rude questions. :lol:

- Eugene Robinson

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/dont_blame_it_all_on_the_moderators_20151102

the questions asked were neither fair or indicative of any sincere desire on the part of the moderators to get answers that would have been informative for the viewers.

Silly me posted a ridiculous comment on the Pope Francis thread about three GOP candidates attending a "religious liberties" conference held this (I think) Sunday.

Ben Carson wanted to go, but was strongly advised not to, because the conference is pretty far to the right in its extremism. Those who have a CHANCE of winning the White House should be "steam cleaned" for public consumption. That means no affiliation with nut-cases like Kevin Swanson and... ALSO... trying not to be "outed" on the popular (but is it even valid?) Mister "Anonymous" hacking of the Triple K email list. (Not that Carson has a problem there since the group favors members as white as the sheets used in their dress code.)

At the GOP debate, Carson expressed his opinions of the "gay" situation. You hear applause in the linked video with this Huffington post, perhaps because of some supporters agreeing with him (including the three buddies of Kevin Swanson) but also because of his soft and friendly vocal delivery. THIS is what I find MOST interesting about Carson. The WAY he says things sounds so sweet and mild mannered, but the CONTENT is sometimes VERY disturbing. I agree with the opinions expressed in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/dear-ben-carson-actually-_b_8417696.html

I have the feeling that... if he does defeat Trump and goes against Hillary... SHE will fry him to a crisp. What is it with the Republicans? Are all of the best candidates so neglected by the public that they have no chance? Only Trump and Carson? Jeb was never going to make it since the Bushes are not viewed in QUITE the same light as the Kennedies (including Ted).

• Like 1