Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Congratulations to Lavenderblue 19 on 20,000 Posts

Congratulations, lavender!  I’m always happy to see your name on the boards whenever I’m playing, and I’m constantly amazed at how many clues you can give to keep a thread going when the rest of us are clueless as to what the answer is.

• Like 2

From a fan of...

5tv0xh.jpg

To a fan of...

2afww76.jpg

Just know that I never make this face when I see one of your posts:

3026fc3.png

I appreciate all your contributions to the board. Each post is polite, informative and indicative of a true movie fan. Your knowledge of films is impressive and I appreciate all your film recommendations. I look forward to the next 20,000 posts.

Congrats!

• Like 2

Thank You Laffite, what a lovely post and it's much appreciated. (even if we don't agree on MM) I still think you're a sweetie  ;)

MM? (not sure who you mean here).

I thought it was Ty we didn't agree on.

:)

So glad you are here & so active! Your posts are always so thoughtful & informative-never stale statistics or narcissistic-a true contribution to this board!

Whenever I see your posts, Burl Ives voice pipes up in my imagination. I see there's a modern take:

YOU'RE the TCM Board princess!

• Like 4

Sung to the tune of Galaxy Glue:

lavenderblue

lavenderblue

What would we do without lavenderblue

lavenderblue

lavenderblue

Life would go to pieces without lavenderblue

Now if I could just think of something that rhymes with lavenderblue19 ...

• Like 1

By all means, congratulations, lavenderblue. You're a highly well informed, sensitive and most gracious contributor to these boards. It's always a pleasure to see your contributions here.

• Like 3

lavenderblue, dilly dilly dilly - you are already Queen.

9780192782274.jpg

Thank you for all the great recommendations for unforgettable movies, and also for helping me recognize and appreciate a few actors who I didn't "get" before you gently encouraged me to reassess them. 

Like this lady:

41e5wjo1-6L._SX940_.jpg

Hey lav, thanks also for the solidarity on certain, uh, disagreements on the boards.  Remember this one?

Heiress3235.jpg

And let's not forget this little treat: 

twinkies-1-280x219.png

Anyway,  congratulations on reaching 20,000 posts. But the important thing about your posts is not the quantity, but the quality.

61_1_blue-ribbon-perfect-logo.JPG

• Like 4

Dear Miles, Eugenia, Sans, mr6,  Hibi, MissW, Tom, Scsu, Gay D, Swithin, Laffite, Casa, Dargo, Lana, Helen, Speedy, Tiki, Azure, Starliteyes, Darkblue, Filmlover and Arsan.

I'm overwhelmed by all this attention and I want to Thank all of you for the Cakes, Beautiful Photos, Videos, Songs, Blue Ribbon and Beautiful Nursery Rhyme Cover and most of all for all the Kind and Flattering posts.

You've made me a Princess and a Queen all in one day! I'm positive that there's no Royal Blood and that I only come from good old peasant stock (LOL)  but you've all made me feel So Special and I Thank You All for making this thread into such a lovely celebration  :)

I've learned so much from each one of you over these last years. You're all a great bunch of people and I'm so glad we've all become friends sharing our love of films, actors, actresses, directors, etc. It's our own little "family" and it's a pleasure to exchange thoughts and opinions with all of you.

Swithin posted a photo of Olivia as Angela from a film we both love, Anthony Adverse ( Thank You for remembering, we talked about this years ago) Olivia is sending a Big Kiss and that's for all of you.

I wish all of you Good Health, Happiness and Many More Years of Film enjoyment and again THANK YOU

• Like 8

I've been offline for a week, so forgive me for being late. Congratulations, Lav.!!! One of the board's most knowledgeable posters and a good friend. Here's hoping for 20,000 more!

I've been offline for a week, so forgive me for being late. Congratulations, Lav.!!! One of the board's most knowledgeable posters and a good friend. Here's hoping for 20,000 more!

Thanks Hibi, my good friend  :) I'll edit my Thank You Note to everyone who posted Congrats, to add your name 

That sentiment from you is a big deal to me and much appreciated, so glad you joined in on this lovely thread.  ;)

That sentiment from you is a big deal to me and much appreciated, so glad you joined in on this lovely thread.  ;)

Well, you're welcome, but no need to thank me. I know how you feel!

Wow! Well, looky here, lavender. Your posting achievement apparently even has 'em taking notice of this way over in Korea!!!

9759.png

(...so how does it feel to be world renown???) ;)

LOL

***edit to follow***

This post of mine was entered before our Admin found and deleted some of that damned persistent spam containing lettering from the Far East which had been posted directly below my little joke here.

Edited by Dargo

What did it say? LOL-  was this wonderful thread invaded by that stuff? More proof maybe not spam from so far away huh? weird if that was posted in this thread since the thread was done and not at the top of the page. Please explain.

Well, I'm not really sure what it said exactly, but just from the little I know of Korean, I THINK it said there's presently some real discounts to be had lately if you're thinkin' of buyin' either a leftover 2015 Hyundai or Kia !!! 

;)