Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a film title

SCOUT16

I've been searching for the title of this film for quite some time. It stars Olivia de Havilland as a woman who had a child out of wedlock and gave him up. Years later she runs into this young man at a train station. I think they go for dinner or something because while they are talking she realizes he may be the son she gave up. There's more to the movie but I haven't seen this film for a while so I'm not exactly sure what happens next. I also think it takes place during war time. Can anyone help with this title? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely TO EACH HIS OWN, the film that re-ignited Olivia's career after her long battle with Warner Bros. and winning her first Oscar.

By the way, she doesn't reunite with her son until the film's final scene when her son's marriage is arranged by her well-meaning friend. He doesn't realize she is his mother until the film's final scene with the line: "I think this is our dance, mother.".

Both her son in wartime London of 1944 and her wartime lover of 1917 were played by John Lund.

Neil