Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merian C. Cooper

Bart

I'm King Kong is available on the Warner Bros box set DVD of King Kong that was released very recently. (This contains the 3 Kong-like movies, but the docu is also available on WB's individual KK reissue. Price differential ain't that much between the sets, and it costs about $9 to add Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young to the mix.)

IMDb has a link to Amazon sources for Grass, but they show Chang as "currently unavailable." Both are "on order" at dvdempire.com, with slightly better prices. Deep Discount doesn't carry either title. Both are from smaller distributors and may be on the cusp of O/P.

My VHS dubs are from the "documentaries" special program that TCM ran four or five years ago. Grass, but not Chang, ran a few days ago during the Merian C Cooper salute, but you probably saw it then!

All I gotta say is that I enjoyed the documentary "I'm King Kong" and found a surprising admiration for movie maker and adventurer Merian C. Cooper.

It's apparent that the making of the 1933 movie "King Kong" was HIS baby and he is to be remembered for one of the best adventure films of all time, one that will live long after the remakes are forgotten.

Although I am anticipating the 2005 remake due to the recreation of the 1930s. And who knows, with the care and attention that Peter Jackson gives his films, it could be a treat.