Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Films of the 60s

backlotangel

hi everyone! i'm new to the forums, but i've been a longtime classic film enthusiast. my big thing right now is films from the 60s. i love films in the style of for example...pillow talk, send me no flowers, and the courtship of eddie's father, although i can't quite put my finger on how exactly to describe this style. are there any other fun films in that style that you all could recommend?

You mean like: Georgy Girl, Blow-Up, Sweet Charity (on TCM tonight at 5 AM ET, and again later this month), Boys' Night Out, Lover Come Back (and a lot of the other Doris Day, Tony Randall, Rock Hudson films), and perhaps even Breakfast at Tiffany's? And what about the original Yours, Mine and Ours?

yes! of course definitely the doris day films are sort of exemplary of what i'm referring to. also love breakfast at tiffany's, but i'm kind of thinking more along the lines of those silly romantic comedies... and of the ones you've mentioned, i've not seen the majority, so many thanks for the suggestions!

Some light hearted fare that is meant to only entertain.

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, or How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 hours 11 minutes (1965)

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)

Monte Carlo or Bust (1969) Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies (USA)

The Trouble with Angels (1966)

The Parent Trap (1961)

Pollyanna (1960)

Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? (1968)

The High Cost of Loving (1958)

Penelope (1966)

Lili (1953)

The Glass Slipper (1955)

Fanny (1961)cast: Lesly Caron

Message was edited by:

allieharding