Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cartoons Inbetween Films

nsallieharding

Last December TCM played great Christmas and Seasonal Shorts and cartoons in-between the movies starting about a week before christmas. I would tune in even if I didn't want to see the movie because I didn't want to miss a great holiday cartoon or special feature. Hopefully some goodies are in the works for this year, including some Short Features that are in the Holiday spirit, and some black and white cartoons that are rarely shown.

Message was edited by:

allieharding

TCM had Sniffles the mouse in widescreen last year, about three of his cartoons. I loved the one about the owl telling all the other animals about man and how war destroyed their civilization. He was reading from the Bible and giving them the message that "Thou Shall Not Kill".I stayed up all night Christmas Eve recording all the ones that I was able to stay awake for, but I didn't get them all (like Sniffles, I fell asleep). It was a darn shame that they kept interupting the cartoons with those movies!

• 2 weeks later...

YES!!! "Bedtime for Sniffles" was always one of my favorites as a child, and I was so happy to find it on TCM. I will be looking forward to more episodes of "Cartoon Alley." It would be nice to see another favorite, Harman-Ising's "To Spring," which I haven't seen in years. It would be perfect for a spring-themed show.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Love Love the Joe McDoakes serials. In fact, I had a bunch of them on 16mm.. a few great ones and I sold them on Ebay a few years back. How I regret doing that now. I was able to find a few on DVD such a Marx Brothers DVD and I also found one on VHS. I hope that TCM plays all of them. My favorite one is when Joe is involved in a bookie scam and also another one when Joe is forced to go to a nightclub.