Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Freddie Stewart and the Teenagers

anacanapanasan

Hi,

I just read the book "When Teens Were Keen". It is about a series of films that starred Freddie Stewart, June Preisser, Frankie Darro and Noel Neill. Does anyone know where I can find these films or if they are ever shown on tv? Here is a list of the titles:

Junior Prom

Freddie Steps Out

High School Hero

Vacation Days

Sarge Goes To College

Smart Politics

Campus Sleuth

Music Man

Info page on Freddie Stewart at IMDb doesn't show any available

http://imdb.com/name/nm0829389/

The only live link is to the Woodstock DVD/VHS, in which one of his songs is featured. Some of the comments indicate that the reviewers have seen the movies, though. They're Monograms from the 40s and ownership may be nebulous today, or the pix may even be in public domain.

Monogram became Allied Artists in the 50s, was eventually bought by Lorimar, which in turn was absorbed by Time-Warner some years ago. TCM used to play a (very) occasional Mono musical, though I've never seen any of these specific films on the station in the past 10 years. (I'd have watched, as I have a weakness for lowbudget Monogram and RKO musicals.)

Here is a page, though, offering 4 of the films in 16mm, a bit steeper than you'd have to pay for DVD!

http://www.modernsoundpictures.com/FFS-Feature-FreddieStewart.html

(Oh, man, and Spade Cooley's orchestra is in Vacation Days, hopefully with some good footage of Joaquin Murphy on the steel guitar!)