Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Title? Shoes off w/kiss

Christy

I am searching for a movie that I do not know the title of. I do not know the actors or the time frame. The plot is as follows. A young woman is caring for her sick father. The father likes a certain gentleman and thinks he would make a good husband for his daughter. To make her father happy she and the gentleman pretend to be a couple. They eventually fall in love and when they kiss the woman's shoes come off. I have looked for this movie for about 11 years. I think it was in color but I am not even sure about that. It seems like the shoes may have been red... but that might have been my imagination. Thank you for your help.

Christy

Ah I can be of some help I saw this movie I don't remember its name but I do know that Burgess Meredith was in it. He didn't make the ladies shoes come off the other actor did who he was I don't know. However, if you go to IMDB.com and look for Burgess Meredith movies it will give a summary of his movies and you may get your title this way. I remember the girl was told she would know the man for her when she kissed him because her shoes would come off(since she never has the out of shoes experience though she tries I remember she would look down to her feet when kissing she thinks its silly-till it happens) and there were 2 men courting her does this sound like your movie? Now that I think of it maybe it was a young Hume Croyn who was the one who didn't make her shoes come off but I think it is Meredith. I remember it being B&W.

When Burgess Meredith's name came up, I remembered catching the tail end (about 15 minutes) of a film not too long ago. Young woman was about to choose one of three suitors in her life. She literally dreamed of her life with each one the night before making her choice.

I IMBD searched Burgess Meredith and found the title Tom, Dick and Harry which is the movie I caught. It also starred Ginger Rogers. But I don't know if this film has the shoes-coming-off plot twist.

Hope this doesn't make things more confusing.

Kyle in Hollywood

Hi Christy

I saw that movie! I don't know the name, but it had Maurice Chevalier as the grandfather who was supposed to be on his deathbed (despite drinking and smoking cigars) and Sandra Dee played his granddaughter and heiress to his fortune. One of the men in the movie was Robert Goulet. I think the other one was Andy Williams. The only thing missing is the title, I can't think of it. Check imdb.com, I'm sure it'll be listed. I remember if Sandra Dee's character took her shoes off while kissing a man it meant she was in love with him. I saw this movie on TV years ago.

y'know, that rather sounds like "I'd Rather Be Rich" from the sixties. to me, anyway. it had Sandra Dee in it, it was in color, and there were shoes coming off all over the place. i think it was a remake of a forties movie, but i'm not sure. i think the forties version had "Eve" in the title, but i'm drawing a blank...

//edit

"It Started with Eve". that imdb thingy is pretty nifty! joining this board was worth it just to find out about that!

//tide

ten to one that didn't help at all...

Yup! "It Started With Eve" is the earlier version. It starred Deanna Durbin and is available on her "Sweetheart" DVD set.

Producer Ross Hunter dusted off the script and gave it to Dee in 1964. It was still a bright and funny comedy with great costumes and color. This version hasn't been released on DVD as yet and the VHS is long out of print.