Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What in heaven's name is this movie called?

CaraWin

I saw a movie on TCM a few years ago and I can't remember its title. I don't know what year it was from; it was in black and white. In the beginning a millionaire goes to visit a mining town (He might own the mine, I don't remember) and stays at a boarding house run by a mother and daughter. He falls in love with the daughter and when the mine collapses and her mother is killed, she goes back to New York with the millionaire. The film spans a long period of time: from when the two meet to when their children are grown. At one point I think the couple separates and the wife moves to their country house for a bit.

Sadly, that's really all I can remember. Can anyone figure out what this move is from my muddled description? It would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe someone can help me out. I am thinking of a movie I saw on TV many years ago. It was in black and white. What I can remember of it, a mine collapses and several miners are trapped. It slowly becomes a big media story and the whole town gets caught up the media circus and becomes more interested in the the reporters and the towns celebrity than in the men that are trapped. I can't remember any actors or actresses. I know it's not much to go on but I would appreciate any help.

Paramount had annouced that they would be releasing it on DVD last fall, but it never came out. I understand that it may be out some time this year. While I understand that sometimes there are delays in restoring films, I wish studios wouldn't announce release dates until they are sure the film will be ready.