Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A LITTLE HELP PLEASE!!

charlie058

Hi,

I am a student at University of Winchester in England, in one of my courses I have to write an essay on why people go and watch romantic comedies and was wondering if you could help by filling in the questions below and sending your answers back to c.l.pearson@winchester.ac.uk

Thanks,

Charlie

1) are you

male

female

2) how old are you?

3) what is your favourite romantic comedy and why?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4) Are there certain actors you like seeing in romantic comedies?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5) What meanings and pleasures are produced when you are watching a romantic comedy?

6) What makes you want to see a romantic comedy?

7) what puts you off seeing a romantic comedy?

8) do you feel that some times trailers are mis leading when it comes to romantic comedies? if yes which ones come to mind?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9) who do you watch romantic comedies with and why?

10) and where do you watch them? at the cinema? home?

11) do you think romantic comedies reflect the culture they are made in?

12) any other comments you would like to make about romantic comedies?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

• 2 weeks later...

1)Female

2)45

3)Bringing up Baby

4) I love the quick witty humour that bounces between hepburn and grant

5) Yes, I like 30s screwball comedies, Jeanette McDonald Maurice Chevalier, Cary Grant Irene Dunne, Casrol Lombard, Marie Dressler

6)I love to smile inside and I LOVE chemistrybetween actors and romance

7)When theyare not well written and it endup the lovers can not or will not end up together

8)Trailers always want to drag one in. It is the way to sell a movie. Eye candy. I can't thinlk of any misleading ones now

9)By myself...oncein a while with my husband, but i like to focs on a movie with out any talking

10)Home...... The ones i like are vintage....not shone unless in revival house

11) Oh yes!!!!!!!

12) I think that society has become very hard. there is not much written about classic romance any more. It is a shame but it is the way it is. People are in such a rush..... and what for... they take no time to smell the roses.... to feel to hear .... to taste.... to smell.... or feel. after all isn't that what life is all about?

Thanks kate