Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas Short

poppy

• 3 weeks later...

Unless I missed it, I don't believe Star in the Night was shown this year. Following nickdimeo's advice from last year, I scoured the schedule for 30 minute gaps between films and TIVOed every one of them to no avail. Perhaps it wasn't shown because it's included on the DVD with Christmas in Connecticut?

I did see the Jackie Cooper short sometime between Thanksgiving & Christmas. It seems like it was shown with some other Christmas themed shorts--maybe on a weekend afternoon. I can't say exactly but it was included in with the Peace on Earth cartoon and Mario Lanza singing Ave Maria (that was the last short in the showing.)

Cooper's Christmas party was shown on the 7th, 17th, and the 20nd on "Festival of Shorts #13" (A compilation of MGM's holiday shorts including Jackie Cooper's Christmas Party, Judy Garland's Silent Night, Loew's Christmas Greeting, Holiday Greetings 1941, and Mario Lanza Christmas Trailer.). Subscribe to the schedule which gives detail on what's coming and when.

Cooper's Christmas party was shown on the 7th, 17th, and the 22nd on "Festival of Shorts #13" (A compilation of MGM's holiday shorts including Jackie Cooper's Christmas Party, Judy Garland's Silent Night, Loew's Christmas Greeting, Holiday Greetings 1941, and Mario Lanza Christmas Trailer.). Subscribe to the schedule which gives detail on what's coming and when.

I didn't know the guide showed what shorts were on, too. I subscribed to the guide years ago and when I got my first issue, the cable service I had stopped carrying TCM, so I had a year's worth of guides to see what I was missing. How depressing. I have the Cooper short on the Christmas In Connecticut DVD anyway. I got the box set on Amazon for $18 while some places charge close to that for each movie separately. And with Men Of Boys Town included on the Boys Town DVD, that's four movies and all those great shorts. That's not a bad deal.

//I didn't know the guide showed what shorts were on, too.//

How I wish it did!

The guide only lists when a FestivalOfShorts entry is run, and what it contains; it still does not list all shorts run inbetween features.

FYI: this month, the FOS entry is the first CrimeDoesNotPay (with Robert Taylor) and pre-star James Stewart in Important News. It's on next on 9 January at 0530et/0230pt

//the cable service I had stopped carrying TCM//

That is depressing; I am ever fearful of such a circumstance occurring. TCM (and occasionally IFC and Sundance) is all I ever tune in for.