Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to Christmas?

katyscar11ett

Bah Humbug!!! Where are all the good Christmas films? I've checked not only TCM but also FOX and the other movies channels that I got when I ordered FOX (never would have paid for them otherwise lol). NOBODY has many Christmas movies. Disappointing! Granted, TCM is showing a few - more than anyone else, naturally, but not too many either. Personally, I like Scrooge better than A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen - although that version isn't bad, nothing beats Alaister Sim on his head Christmas morning. ^^ But where are It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, White Christmas and others that escape me right now? Did the Grinch arrive again? AMC is showing 'something' if I recall correctly - I think it's Holiday Inn - but for those of us who REFUSE to turn on a movie channel with commercials . . . Where's all the Christmas spirit, movie channels? Does anyone know where these movies are hidding? Also, A Bishop's Wife. I'm disheartened.

Scarlett,

NBC has the viewing rights to "Wonderful Life". I believe it just aired this past week-end.

"White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn", I believe, are Paramount movies and not part of the Turner library.

ABC family is doing a different Christmas-sy movie every night. They're mostly kid-oriented, but they've done "Rudolph" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," with Fred Astaire, Mickey Rooney and Keenan Wynn doing voices. Brought back childhood memories (I was, God help me, a child of the 70's LOL)

Tracey