Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New login problems

path40a

There are several of us who haven't been able to login since Sunday. For some reason, on this computer, I can. However, using my regular office computer (Win XP, and two different browsers - latest IE & Mozilla Firefox), I cannot. I've cleared the browser's cookies, history, files, etc. hoping to correct the problem, but it didn't. I have no idea why this computer (XP & latest IE) allows me to login.

The errors I get when trying from my office computer range from a mostly white "Server Configuration" error screen with Mozilla Firefox to a (again, mostly) white screen one often gets when the webpage doesn't exist - it says forums.turnerclassicmovies.com doesn't exist?

Thought you'd want to know. There have only been a few users that have solved the riddle of how to login thus far, so I think there is something wrong on your end;-)

After doing a little more research (e.g why does one machine in my house work while the one in my office doesn't), I think the problem may be javascript related. The version of java installed on this machine is SE V1.4.2 whereas there is a later addition (1.4.2_05 AND 1.4.2_06) installed on the other. However, the error I get says it's a SERVER (e.g. your end of things;-) related issue. Perhaps your server is rejecting the most current java versions? My browser suggests reading the server error logs.

In any case, it should be obvious that the board's participation level has fallen over the past few days. Did y'all have a server upgrade over the weekend?

Yes, I did! I wrote two e-mails to TCM on Tuesday, one through the Feedback section and the other through their all-purpose e-mail address (tcm@turner.com -- write it down, it's a keeper). And just for the heck of it, I tried to sign in before I left for work last night, and I got on!

I'll be back on the trivia boards later today . . .

Message was edited by:

coffeedan

Guest rsteiner0609

Hey everyone -

Sorry for the delayed response - we have been swamped with launching the new site and database and just was unnable to address quickly. We've forwarded this on to our central ops folks to investigate again why/how these are occuring. We will post any news in here. If you have a spare second and can post the time you were having problems logging in, that would be helpful, so our tech folks can investigate the logs. Thanks again for your patience (thanks for addressing Coffeedan!).

TCM web staff -

• 1 month later...
Guest rsteiner0609

Hello - just wanted to respond that we will again look into this. Sorry for the trouble, but your posts and info has been sent to our technical staff - we'll begin looking at this. Thank you for the information.

tcmweb

I haven't been able to login or even create a new account for days by accessing the usual link on right side of the message boards page. I sent a message describing my problem using the feedback tool but I was just looking at today's schedule and noticed the sign in/sign up links on the upper right corner that I never paid attention to before. I clicked on the sign in link and the message board authentication page popped up without the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error message I've been getting for days. There is a problem but it seems isolated to the message boards link. Persistance sometimes pays off.

Thanks johnny! The sign-in from the movie database screen worked for me too, though when I clicked over to message boards it didn't appear so until I tried to reply to this message. Then, it showed me logged in (I guess it read my cookies) and I had to reply again to post this. Thanks again!

Guest rsteiner0609

Hello - we are working to make the logins consistent across all sections of the site, sorry for the confusion. We will run a fix so if you login at the site, database, or the message boards, you will be logged in/out across all of these.

As for the login errors/issues - we believe we've isolated this to a caching issue. We are working on it. If you have this problem still (you cannot login or see an error screen), we recommend simply deleting yout browser cache (located in your options menu) until we fix this issue. That should allow you to re-login. Thanks again for your patience.

tcmweb

Glad to know it worked for you too, path. I hope tracey and others who had a similar problem try it as well, if they still need to. I was relegated to reading comments and playing games in the fun stuff section for too long.

Thanks tcmweb1 for addressing our concerns and issues. Another reason to enjoy this site.

FWIW, it isn't a cache issue (at least at my end). I had, as always, already tried that;-) Clearing browser cache, history, cookies, etc. did NOT fix the problem. But, logging in on the movie database screen and then popping over here did. Thanks again johnny!

Interesting. After I initially logged-on via the schedule-page link, and entered my email address and password, whenever I turn my computer on and get on the site, whenever I click on 'reply' I am instantly logged-on. I haven't had to manually do it since I first posted. Last night, I was on a computer in another city and when I called up forums.turnerclassicmovies.com.... and clicked on 'log-in' there was the old HTTP error. But when did it the sneaky way, I was in for good. Even turned the machine off and rebooted and, yup, instantly logged-on when I clicked on 'reply.' I don't get it, but at least the next time I clean my cookies out I know I'll be able to get back on!

As a webtv user, I am having serious problems for the last two days with logging in. I get a message saying MSNTV found problems with this page.

I am typing this from my work computer.

I hope TCM is not throwing us WEBTV users out again!!!!

Thanks!

Guest rsteiner0609

Hello -

We are not abandoning WebTV users (even though it is a very small group). We have someone looking into the WebTV issue. If you would please go to our contact us page:

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/TCMCFA/feedback.jsp

and send us an email with your specific problems, we will forward this to the person who is investigating the WebTV issues. Thank you.

tcmweb