Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please name this movie.

Greg3000

Hello. If you could help me out I would really appreciate this. I saw this movie on TV a while back, probably mid 90s. The film looked like it was made sometime in the late 60s, 70s, or early 80s. I believe the film was set at the earliest in the mid 1940s. Its been bugging me and I'd like to know. The tough part is I haven't the faintest idea as to any of the cast or any part of the name of the movie.

Basically a family of three lived out in a rural area by a lake with no one nearby. They had a motor boat for transportation. there was a mother, father, and a son. The mother becomes pregnant and the parents are delighted. Yet, when they break the news to the son, who couldn't have been any older than twelve, he becomes sad, probably because he fears the parents won't love him as much.

So the boy runs away a few months into the pregnancy. The father leaves in search for the boy via his boat and the mother is left alone. He is gone for quite a while and in that time the mother has the baby by herself.

A few days after the birth she takes the baby out to the docks to dedicate him. As she dabbs some water on the baby's nose, she sees her husband and son aproaching in the motor boat.

The ending is real foggy, but I believe it ends with the four back in the cottage at night and the son says something, they laugh, and I believe that was the end.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!