Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Look to Schedule for TCMProgrammer

Missed another movie due to the screwed up Remind Me feature. I set a reminder for Pride Of The Yankees which aired Saturday night at 9pm. TCM sent me a reminder Sunday morning at 5:38am. This whole revamping of the online schedule has been a colossal screw-up.

Do reminders that were set prior to February 3rd need to be resubmitted? The reason I ask is I set a reminder for "Age Of Innocence" airing today Feb 6 at 10pm PST and also a reminder for "The Sea Wolf" airing Feb 7 at 8am PST and I have not gotten reminders sent to me for either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that the ability to set the time zone has been added to, removed from and added back to the User Control Panel.

I also realize that you've requested our patience while you restore the ability to print out the monthly schedule for the time zone we actually live in, but could you please give us a realistic date as to when this is going to happen? I'd like to print out the schedule for March before March actually arrives and I'D VERY MUCH LIKE TO PRINT IT OUT FOR PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

Thank you,

RB

Supposedly the reminder email issue was fixed as of Feb 3rd but it's still messed up. Reminders are still being sent late. I know I had a reminder set for a film airing at midnight PST tonight and have yet to get a reminder. When will this problem be fixed? We have been told repeatedly it has been fixed or will be fixed. TCM must have the most inept IT department on the planet.

Please forgive if this has been suggested prior,,,, Would it be possible to highlight the current day, in the row of dates? When checking next day or yesterday, for what's coming up, or something you needed to refer back to, it would be a help if the current day was highlighted in yellow, or other bright color - then you can immediately pick out the date, and click either before or after, to see tomorrow or yesterday's schedules. Just a thought. Thanks TCM!

I just checked the March schedule (Canada) and noticed that it is still 42 pages and you still continued to waste pages like leaving spaces between each movie. Suggestion: No spaces between each movies and put the plot/story right after each titile. Why type "letterbox format" when you could type "LBX". LBX is sufficient.

Example:

3:30 AM Champ, The (1931) A broken-down prizefighter battles to keep custody of his son. Cast: Wallace Beery, Jackie Cooper, Irene Rich. Dir: King Vidor. BW-86 mins, TV-G, CC

5:00 AM Chaplin at Keystone Studios (1914) Classic silent comedy shorts.....

That is what it should be printed to save pages reducing 42 pages to maybe 24 pages or less or so. We can read that way like you did printed in November and December.

Remember: "If it is not broken, don't fix it". The format for he November and December schedules were excellent and it is beyond me why anyone want to change it for the worse format and waste pages.

Another thing: we would like to see ALL movies, ALL things between each movies to be closed-captioned all the time. It is so frustrating when we see something right after each movies, so good, but we cannot understand them as they are not closed-captioned.

Hope you are listening to us, Deaf and hard of hearing subscribers and do something real soon.

When will you be showing Man of A Thousand Faces? We would expect to see it with closed-captions.

We noticed many movies of late 50s and early 60s and 70s are not closed-captioned. Is there any reason why they are not closed-captioned?? We remembered seeing these movies when we were young but were unable to understand them and would like to watch them with closed-captions and finally to understand and enjoy them.

Looking forward to see a major improvement regarding the closed-captioning issues and the monthly schedules real soon.

Lastly, thank you so much for putting back the indications of any movies as closed-captioned in the monthly schedules. It should never be deleted in the first place.

Thanks. TAS (short for Theresa Anne Swedick).

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS TCM.

This looks much better. It seems like most of the features people have been asking for have been included in the revamping. It's great!. Only thing left is a little more tweaking of the printable schedule - still 38 pages for March.

I just recevied a couple of reminders several days ahead, which I like much better than just 24 hours.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

PurpleRain

Are you still without a toolbar at the top of the pop-up window when clicking on the view/print month's schedule link? I can change the text size in Internet Explorer from the view tab that appears in that new window.

I checked tonight and the March schedule set at the smallest text size prints out at 22 pages for me. A vast improvement over the 40+ pages that were required a month or two ago.

Let me know if I can help you make it a smaller print job.

Kyle in Hollywood

Thanks Kyle in Hollywood;

You've already helped by telling me about the toolbar. Guess my eyes just don't go up that far. I didn't see the toolbar as my Epson printer has put a print toolbar just below it, and I tend to stop there.

I did change to the smallest print and got 22 pages. Thanks again for the heads up.

Lorraine in Westbank (Canada - not the middle east)

Lorraine-

Glad we got that "fixed". I'd hate for the TCM staff to have gone to all the trouble to make the adjustment for a more economical print job and then not have everyone be able to make good usr of it.

Hope to see you around here again soon.

kjk