Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of December 19, 2005

coffeedan

Greetings, everybody! I left my computer on last night with today's TCM schedule page on top. When I clicked to page 2, I thought my computer was having a heart attack -- all this blipping from one page to another. And when the dust settled, I see all these brand-new TCM webpages! I've been clicking around a while, and I like pretty much what I see. The TCM Database looks like fun.

One little quibble: while I like the look of the new schedule pages, I really wish the movie info would open in another window instead of throwing you right into TCMdb when you click on a title. That clicking back and forth gets a little tiresome.

Anyway, it should be fun! I'm looking forward to exploring these new pages -- so many good things happening at TCM lately.

Now, on to this week's movie trivia . . .

Tuesday's question: What film begins with this written prologue: "New York, skyscraper champion of the world, where the slickers and know-it-alls peddle gold bricks to each other, and truth, crushed to earth, arises more phoney than a glass eye . . ."?

Good luck!

This board is getting strange . . . I logged in all right, but for a long time I couldn't get into the Trivia folder! Anyway . . .

Wednesday's question: In what movie does Basil Rathbone say, "Some men play with handkerchiefs, but I like to keep a rapier in my hand"?

Good luck!

Archived