Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing of the online schedules! Please go back!

Hi -

For years now, my wife has religiously downloaded and printed the online schedule for TCM. She and I would pour over the upcoming month, hoping we find new gems that we hadn't seen before or had forgotten about...

Well, that has all changed now that TCM has apparently decided to put as little info as possible on the online schedule. They've eliminated cast members and dates from the schedule...making it essentially worthless. A less cynical person than I wouldn't assume that this is an effort to force us to buy the TCM magazine.

I urge TCM to return this information to the schedule. Eliminating it is stupid and pointless, 'cause we aren't gonna buy your magazine at any cost...but as consumers (and everyone here is on a higher tier to get your service) we demand to be treated better!

Thanks.

Ron

The TCM guy just responded to my own post about it:

"We will update the full page monthly schedules with all of same features that existed previously, we just couldn't get them completed in time - but will before the end of the week. This will include year, runtime, brief synopsis, principal cast, and letterbox and color/bw information."

There is a thread started earlier today that the tcmweb guy is responding to. He has posted a number of posts today about the fixes that are in the works. Check that thread for more info.

Please put the link back on the schedule page that allows for different time zones to be printed out. That was a handy feature.

Good luck with your new web site format, we know TCM will get it right.

Greatest channel EVER.....by far!

Thanks TCM.

Dan

I agree, please go back to the old format. I LOVE TCM but I am disappointed in their new format. I fully believe in "WHY FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE" philosophy. Hopefully they will listen. I liked being able to search by different time zones, of which you can't now.

At first look, I felt the same, but now realize (and have read here) that changes and fixes are in the works. Actually, I think the site is brilliant, and has many cool interactive areas, and it's just what I need. Yea. More online time, in this site. Haha! I think once all is adjusted, we'll forget the old format. I'm feeling positive. : )

Maybe I'm just tired today, but I can't figure out the Genre's accompanying the movies. Dr and C of course are drama and comedy, but R, M and H???? I don't see a guide. Maybe we could have the pictures back to give the genre?

Ohhhhh...duhhhh. R - romance, H- horror just popped into my head, but M? Still scratching my head. Murder? Melodrama? I'll probably kick myself when I hear what it stands for. But, if I'm confused, I can imagine the casual visitor will be positively befuddled.

YIKES! Being a musical freak, how could I not associate M with musicals!!???!!! Hopeless......(shaking my head in shame)

Message was edited by:

stargzn

Message was edited by:

stargzn

The monthly schedule information has been updated with year, cast, director, letterbox and runtime. Has anybody noticed that the runtimes are incorrect? They equal exactly the number of minutes between each film. Runtimes now are 75, 90, 120, 150 etc minutes. Hopefully these will be edited to reflect the actual number of minutes of each film.

Hi -

Well, it's good to know that TCM is listening... Sounds like they may have dropped the ball on the schedule during an upgrade.

Funny, in a way. While I think the site is cool and has lots of interesting features, I'm really interested in the movies, mainly. I don't spend a lot of time here, 'cause that would mean I wasn't watching some obscure movie from 1934! :-)

Thanks

Ron

Damn, I really liked the old schedules. Where's the Pacific timezone version?! Don't tell me we're not going to be able to choose different timezones anymore! And why is the printable schedule a pop-up now? Is this because of my post at the end of last month, wherein I mentioned playing around with the urls and discovering the Canadian schedule for December before it was "officially" posted/linked to? The new pop-up version prevents that sort of thing. It also prevents you from saving the html to your hard drive, which I like to do for easy reference when I want to check something quickly without having to go online. Cynical me suspects this change was made to ensure the TCM website gets more hits.

I hate it when my favorite websites go through this sort of redesign. I LIKE the familiar. I don't WANT change... especially when it isn't a change for the better. Yeah, I'm whining.

There are many things I like about the new website and schedule format, e.g. more info on each movie (less need to use IMDB).

But I agree with some of the other comments that dropping the time-zone specific listing feature (e.g. CST) is a step backwards.

More importantly, I miss seeing a 1 sentence description of the movie on the main schedule page.

I'm sure that all of you folks that are not mealy mouthed YES MEN realize that all of the Corporate web sites no longer use POP-UPS to sell their soap, they use FLASH! You have to use Flash-Block on Tools - Adblock to stop this SAP SOAP. Your page will load quicker and you won't have to put up with an Internet that wants to sell you something that you do not need.

Allie,

Yes, we know about Flash and everything you mentioned. My point was that when I come to the TCM site I am not bombarded by any ads so I don't need to have any tools to block the annoying ads. That's what made me think it might be the browser you are using.

Come on you guys! Quit complaining. They haven't removed the old schedule only improved it. If you really want the whole month schedule just look on the navigation bar. But since you obviously don't see it let me post the link for you so there is no more confusion.

Here is the link:

http://turnerclassicmovies.com/schedule/month/

Kevin

http://www.goldenageofhollywood.com

Ktrek misses the point a little, though is essentially correct.

I keep track of schedules a couple of months ahead so I can organise what I'm going to record onto my DVR and so avoid clashes (only two simultaneous recordings). I print the page to a PDF and work from there.

This new site upgrade has broken my process. Schedules for the months ahead are still available but only in popup windows with javascript enabled and so on. They also appear in windows without toolbars so I can't use my Print to PDF button.

Well I've fiddled around a little and found that we can still access listings a couple of months ahead by tweaking the url. For instance:

This month

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/schedule/month/

January 2006

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/schedule/month/?cid=&oid=1/1/2006

February 2006

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/schedule/month/?cid=&oid=2/1/2006

Now I can happily carry on doing what I used to do, but with a better font and a much cleaner layout.

Hope that helps,

Dawtrina

No you CAN'T access the old schedule any longer... my old bookmarks aren't working.

The new printable version, apart from not being available for every timezone, has the WRONG runtimes for the movies! They used to give us the exact runtimes which was very useful and now they're rounding up. For instance, I don't see any movies listed as being 88 or 89 minutes long anymore. They're all 90 minutes now. 75, 105, 120, etc.

This really sucks. We used to have a good idea when there was a significant amount of "spare time" between movies - but now we have no indication when to tune in for One Reel Wonders and other shorts! Don't they WANT us to have a chance to catch these things? It was bad enough we didn't know which shorts would be airing, but now we can't even hazard an educated guess as to *when* they'll air. Is this TCM's way of trying to prevent people from taping things?

I had no problem printing the monthly schedule to a PDF today.

Also, I believe the TCMweb guy/gal said that many of the problems with the schedule will be fixed by the end of the week.

Perhaps we could wait till the end of the week and see what hasn't been fixed before we rush to judgement.

Just a thought.....