Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing of the online schedules! Please go back!

overeasy

Well I too can't figure out the letters. I thought H was Historical. So where is there a legend? The only place I can see to click on that is related is "Genre" in the list of further credits after you click the title. But the Genre listing there has nothing to do with the letters. The words are entirely different. Plus, from there you can click to see all genres but you get a mind dizzying list and no abbreviation equivalent. Where are these?

I believe I read that holding the mouse over the letter would show a tip? Not on this Mac in Safari. I tried Explorer too.

It used to take me aprox 16 pages to print the average month's schedule, if I selected the smallest text size and selected single (not double) page printing.

Almost 2 days of the schedule were printed on each page.

NOW IT TAKES 33 PAGES.

This is NOT what I would call an improvment.

Please put the monthly print format back to the way it was.

There was nothing wrong with it, nor has anything new been added

to warrant the "makeover". If anything, the plot summaries have

been abbreviated, but the excessive spacing causes considerably

less information to be printed out per page.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS.

I'm on Firefox and indeed holding the mouse over the box will display the genre. Here's a list.

A = Adventure

C = Comedy

Cr = Crime

D = Documentary

Dr = Drama

H = Horror/Science Fiction

M = Musical

R = Romance

SM = Suspense/Mystery

Sh = Short

S = Silent

W = War

We = Western

Hope this helps,

Jamie

> It used to take me aprox 16 pages to print the

> average month's schedule, if I selected the smallest

> text size and selected single (not double) page

> printing.

> Almost 2 days of the schedule were printed on each

> page.

>

> NOW IT TAKES 33 PAGES.

>

> This is NOT what I would call an improvment.

>

> Please put the monthly print format back to the way

> it was.

> There was nothing wrong with it, nor has anything new

> been added

> to warrant the "makeover". If anything, the plot

> summaries have

> been abbreviated, but the excessive spacing causes

> considerably

> less information to be printed out per page.

>

> WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Well, it used to take me 5 or 6 pages to print the month's schedule, and now it takes me 7. It's not the length that bothers me as much as the format - it's so unreadable now!

While I think the TCM site is attractive, this listing of movies with the letter abbreviations is a case of bad GUI design. It would be different if there were only three or four letters to remember, but not this entire panoply. And, depending on the overLib popup is not smart, as a lot of people (I guessing here) don't know how to hover over the hot spot to make the popup appear...or even have any clue that it will.

Simplicity and clarity are the keys to a good site...but the advent of Flash-driven sites has led too many young designers to do "cool" stuff, not smart stuff....

With that said, I think TCM is quite responsive and will come up with a solution. I think they should remember what their key demographics are...and design to that.

Ron

I have been away from the TCM site for a month or so and look what has happened! The schedules have changed and not for the better. I went to the daily schedule today and had to decifer what was on. Go figure the only time zone not listed is mine. Maybe the power that be are trying to make a fun game out of the schedule and if you figure out how to read the encryption you get to watch your movie. It also looks like the dramas have earned their Phd's. Anyways I do not like it at all if anyone cares, which is probably a big NO. Thank you.

When I try to copy and paste the monthly schedule to Word I have to spend so much time cleaning it up, but before the change, each film was self contained in a table that pasted over perfect. I guess the new web designers are not using tables anymore but Flash which doesn't seem to work as well.

They spent so much money redesigning the web page that they will never go back to the old one. That web developer is long gone and all the code is gone too. I just don't use the TCM web site that much anymore, using Yahoo TV Listings instead. You can click on the channel on the right and all the programs are listed for that 24 hour day. It's a shame that the TCM Web Site has become useless.

This is usless. I can't change my time zone and I can't see who is in the movie to know if I even want to watch it with out drilling into the menu. My time is short and while looking through this mess i miss good movies.

Message was edited by:

dbunin

Amen.....now I would even pay to get it back. I like the station and am willing to pay to keep everyone happy. I just don't want a lot of junk mail coming to my PO box or popping up on my computer. 'What would it take to get it back???????

Let me add my 2?...the new printable sked isn't worth 2?!

I just printed the March schedule (I like to plan ahead)...all 43 pages of it!

One cannot help but think you've reached some agreement with paper and ink companies to drain our pocketbooks.

Please, go back to the way it was!

Well, I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one not too happy with the new schedule layout. It's a pain clicking on each movie title to see some of the actors in it. Simply a waste of time. I wish they would change it back to the way it was. Why do they always mess with something that is just right the way it is? Quite frustrating I should say.

I'd like to voice my displeasure to the recent changes. While they are arguably glitzy, they removed the very functionality that we had come to appreciate. However, according to what has happened so far, I don't think anyone's reading our comments, and if they are, then it is apparent they don't give a hoot!

Susu,

They didn't take that feature away. When you search for a film you have to be sure to change the default setting from database to site. It is located, I believe, to the left of the search window.

Hope this helps!

Wow! That's Great! I got a month print-out in only 12 pages!

I see that "Bringing up Baby" is showing only twice this month. Don't "Bringing up Baby" fans own VCR or DVD recorders? Why is this film shown so often? They should at least give "Bedtime for Bonzo" equal airing time.