Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do like the new fprmat, but I do not seem to be able to search for movies in the way that I used too. I could search by the actor for up to 3 months in advance, is this no longer able to be done? If anyone can help with this, please contact me here or at my email address jobash05@consolidated.net. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Wow, now that's cool!! I too was wondering how to search the three months in advance schedule. On the home/main page, the default is to search the movie database. Just click on the entry for 'site' just to the right of this. Off the top of my head, I searched John Wayne, and got a whole page of goodies -- the movies showing up to three months in advance, begin in the second section. Totally cool. Thanks Lz, and thanks to Jerry for the question.

I really like the search function. I think it's far better than it was and I think whatever glitches there are will be worked out soon. So hang in there. Far too many people complaining before the rebuild was even finished. They must think that to rebuild a site can be done overnight or something. No wonder they say patience is a virtue because not too many people have it.

Kevin

http://www.goldenageofhollywood.com

It's not about impatience. I question why this rebuild was even necessary! Seems to me most of us prefer things the way they used to be. Were people complaining about the old schedule and search engine, etc? I don't think so. So why did TCM decide to change it? So far it looks like they're only taking away certain useful functions and options we used to have. I hate it. If they don't bring back the ability to choose different timezones, and give us the *exact* runtimes of the movies like they used to....well, there's nothing I can do about it... except complain and whine and generally make a nuisance of myself!

Oh, here's another change-for-the-worse that I've just noticed. I like the new message board layout in the "Suggest A Movie" section... BUT, I don't like the fact that it no longer tells you if/when a movie you've suggested will be airing in the next 3 months! That was very handy, to know instantly whether a movie you'd like to see/just requested, is already in the schedule or not.

The site search engine sucks now. And what's wrong with the convenience of suggesting a movie and being told immediately whether it's already on the schedule or not? It was a two-in-one kind of feature and a time-saver. Now we have to click around and visit more areas of the site to get all the information we need.

Besides, in the past, you could decide whether to fill in the form to post on the message board about why you're suggesting/requesting a movie. Now... it's automatic. I prefer the old way, where you could suggest a movie, find out if it's coming up, and if not, your suggestion would be forwarded and you had the option of posting a more detailed request on the board.

It's like...we're being forced to provide more personal info (name/location/reason for wanting to see the movie) ... when suggesting a movie should be simpler and more anonymous, in my opinion.