Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SILENT CLEOPATRA SOUNDTRACK WANTED!!!!!

ariel7684

does anyone have a a CD or link to where i can purchase the chantal kreviazuk/raine maida soundtrack to helen gardner's CLEOPATRA that recently aired on TCM?

when i first saw the movie a few years ago, i was not only wowed by the gardner's costumes, but the contemporary and gorgeous music floored me! it's only through a recent viewing that i realized the team behind OUR LADY PEACE composed and performed the music. and i can't find it online anywhere.

can anyone help??

You should be able to find something by googling either or both of the composer's names. You can use the below link as a starting point. I found this by simply googling both their names together. If this yelds nothing, you can try something else, using the word cleopatra perhaps. I'm sure you should be able to find something. I was going to offer to record a cassette from the soundtrack for you but I don't think I should if these are contempory composers (are they?) and are selling their stuff online.

Or you might contact the following (shown at the end of the movie)

Courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment (Canada) Inc.

And Sony?ATV Music Publishing (Canada) Company

http://www.rhapsodydirect.com/co/real/01/rhapsody_lpins.asp?a1=Chantal+Kreviazuk&sid=RDM5art_0350

i googled all sorts of combinations before i posted here. i tried searching sony's canada online store, too. the soundtrack is just too obsure for even sony to have bothered putting it out on CD. yes, the composers are alive and well and recording, so copying is technically illegal.

for now, i still have the movie on tape. one of these days, i'll see if i can find the music in downloadable form. if i ever get an Ipod, that is, LOL.

thanks for your help!

that is very, very cool that you managed to burn the soundtrack. i agree that it's very eno-esque. the first time i heard it i immediately pegged it as very avant garde. this time around, i find it less so (maybe b/c i've been listening to so much electronica in the 4 or 5 yrds since i first heard it). the couple who composed it are both members of Our Lady Peace, which is alternative, although not avant garde.

i'm going to consult with my bf, who is up on all tech issues re burning stuff. maybe he can take my taped copy, burn it on DVD, then extract the soundtrack. if it can be done, he's the guy. loves (illegal) tech challenges.