Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sci-fi

Supergirl

I bought the movie 'The Thing from another World' which Ted Turner had colorized. This is 1000% better then the black and white version. Why doesn't TMC show the colorize version? Also, why doesn't TCM show 'Fordidden Planet' in full screen instead of always showing it in 'letter-box' format? Just thought I would ask! You all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.

If you want purchase a movie. buy it in it's original format. I think Ted made a mistake when he started colorize movies. They could of made the movie in color but the Director chose black and white. There wouldn't be film-noir if color was used,shadows imageries that color just doesn't match.

As for letterbox, TCM likes to show their movies the way they were shown at the theaters,and there are controversies over full screen or letterbox,it bastardizes the film and runes the vision of the director.

This is my option but if the movie was originally black and white,and/or in letterbox. I'll always buy the that version.

vallo

Im in agreement vallo. Granted that money may have been an issue when deciding whether some films were shot in color or b/w.But in most cases I think it was the directors image of what he wanted on film. Two of many examples being THE INNOCENTS and DEAD MEN DONT WEAR PLAID. My preference is to leave this fine thriller in its original. The remake is in color and is also good. As for ratio, even with my small [27''] set, I'll go with letterbox anytime.

• 5 weeks later...