Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Audrey Hepburn

I haven't seen much of Audrey in the forums or on TCM, but I love what I have! My favorite Audrey Hepburn film is probably Funny Face, because she and Fred Astaire were perfect together! Other films I've seen are My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday and I've taped Sabrina, but I haven't seen it yet. LOVE HER!!

Funny Face is my favorite Audrey movie , her son says it is his because it is what she was most like in life. Audrey was a train ballet dancer ,but had to give up ballet because of malnutrition after WWII .She was thrilled to dance with fred. When shooting the dance scene in the wedding dress, the ground was all muddy and Audrey said "I wait 23 years to dance with Fred Astaire and what do I get? MUD"

Great story! I also love this movie because of the wonderful use of color! It's in a rank with The Red Shoes and Meet Me in St. Louis. The Gershwin's and Eden's music is great, and Audrey singing "How Long Has This Been Going On?".....ah, the ecstasy.............

Kay Thompson was also great in this film I love we she and Astaire pretend to be Beatniks. Stanley Donen directed this film he also directed singin in the rain. He later directed Charade in 1963 I think with Hepburn and Grant. All three films have that vivid, use of color.

Audrey Hepburn was, quite simply, a divine, luminous, heavenly creature.

If you want to see one of her best overlooked features, 20th Century-Fox Home Video recently released "Two For The Road" (1967), which depicts an on-the-road

courtship, romance and marriage presented in an arresting, tossed salad mixture.

Albert Finney is Audrey's formidable co-star here, Stanley Donen directed from a remarkably fine script by Frederic Raphael. Don't miss William Daniels and Eleanor Bron as the overly fastidious, starchy couple that Audrey & Al encounter along the way. The child actress who plays their horrendously indulged daughter ("Ruthie") is especially hilarious. That's a youthful (and of course, stunning) Jacqueline Bisset in a supporting turn.

"Two For The Road" is a flick that requires repeated viewings to appreciate all the shadings as well as to latch on to the unconventional narrative approach (which zooms back and forth in time). Definitely worth the effort.

Audrey's cinematic legacy also plays a major role in a recently published book called "Adieu, Audrey" (an import from Europe, I believe). Crammed with superb photographs - many of them rare - this is a fitting visual ttribute to a rare and glorious bird of paradise.

Thanks for the tip ,however I have scene everything w/Audrey except The Lavender Hill Mob and Monte Carlo Baby. I loved Two for the road . Audrey was pure sunshine .Look at that face her that voice and how can you not be happy.