Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please play this Movie!!

Delphinian

TCM has the greatest classic library of any network and thanx to the Dish Network I am able to get them where ever I've moved to! They have good sense when it comes to sci-fi too and have celebrated the genius of Ray Harryhousen many times. So why then haven't they ever shown one of his greatest, and one of the greatest of that era and genre? "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" is the movie I'm talking about and displays some of the best writing, directing, cinematography, and special effects to be found in this group! It used to be shown fairly regularly back in the 60's and early 70's by a number of networks, but I haven't seen it or even seen it advertised in many yeards anywhere! I pay it hasn't been lost forever and ask with all sencerity and hope that TCM will if possible add it to their fine collection!

• 3 weeks later...

TCM has played it before. I can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure it was in the last year or so.That means that there's a chance they will run it again. It's also available on DVD. In fact, I just bought it yesterday. A chain of media stores was going out of business and it was one of several that were on my "gotta get someday" list that I picked up for 50% off. Beautiful copy well worth buying even at full price.

• 1 month later...