Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who sings TCM morning theme?

Minus his jazz tones, it sure sounds like Chet Baker, to me.

*** Yep, that's who it is. I compared the sound from one of my taped morning movies to Chet's 'LFTSL' in towerrecords.com The jazz is definitely turned down on TCM, and maybe even a different version than I can find, but it is, indeed, his voice. I thought I heard this in a movie, sometime last year. I remember being shocked it was an actual scene. I could be wrong. Unfortunately, i don't remember the movie.

btw, this song is on the L.A. Confidential soundtrack.

*** Aha! Knew there had to be another thread. Probably one of many. Here ya go:

http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/message.jspa?messageID=7189262

You can hear clips from 'The Best of Chet Baker Sings' including 'Silver Lining'

'My Funny Valentine' and 'The Thrill is Gone' on amazon.com at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000005HFH/qid=1135380064/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3134824-6428965?v=glance&s=music

here's the amazon review of the album:

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com essential recording

Once Chet Baker arrived in California from his native Oklahoma, his career exploded. After landing gigs with Charlie Parker and Gerry Mulligan, Baker soon found himself a solo star and bandleader. Not long after that, he also found himself whispering love songs into a microphone. Baker was not gifted with the most robust voice of the day. Indeed, listening to pure singers like Nat "King" Cole or Johnny Hartman can expose Baker's weaknesses, but what Baker did, he did well. By choosing wistful, so-young, so-in-love tunes, Baker was able to pour his heart into the material, sketching soft, romantic moods and painting himself as the broken-hearted innocent. The effect can be devastating, as Baker's voice clings to the melody, threatening to disintegrate at any moment. Many of his best tunes--"I Fall in Love Too Easily," "But Not for Me," "Let's Get Lost"--are collected here, and as such, there is no better place to begin an appreciation of Baker's unique singing. --S. Duda