Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear TCM,

What's up with the format change on the monthly schedule? It used to be simple and easy to use. I really miss the feature of choosing the applicable time zone. If that feature is still available in conjunction with the monthly schedule, you've made it difficult to find. Go back to the old way.

Just want to toss my 2-cents in on the schedule format: it stinks! I printed the January 2006 schedule and instead of the usual 26 or 27 pages, it was 49 pages long. After that waste of paper, I noticed it was Eastern time only and no way to change it to PST. It was great before, so it shouldn't take a computer braniac to get it back the way it was. Should it???

OK, I'll wait until you give me a MST schedule but my problems aren't over then. I save the monthly schedule in a folder in TXT form and use the file as input to a program. The program alerts me to movies I've never seen and prints a personal monthly viewing schedule. The way you have it now -- a new window -- prevents me from doing a SAVE AS. If you have to open a new window, please allow me to do a File/Save As on the monthly schedule.

Can't select Central time zone because it is NO LONGER available. Doesn't do any good to be able to have a Reminder because the movie times do not correspond to our time zone.

Please change it back so we can select the correct time zones. It is hard enough to remember a correct time much less to view a schedule with before or after hours!

Thanks,

I don't see where they have made any changes. They should throw out the ones they made in the first place! They destroyed the ability that was in place to get a usable monthly printout.

I an afraid they will try to keep their botched up new edition rather than returning us to the best thing they had on the site - a usable printout capability of a monthly schedule!

I read most of the comments by other fans and agree completely. Is there any chance TCM will go back to the old format where I can tet the schedule for the Central Time Zone? It's a waste to print out 50 pages or more when I formerly had to print out only 24 to 29 pages. Thanks. skip

If you've read the all comments here and on this thread:

http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7768194?, you'd know that they are working on reformatting the monthly schedule to make it more printer friendly, as well as adding in the other time zones.

At least they are listening. There are probably things that they can't or won't do as they feel the new format is an improvement over the old. Can't say I agree with all of it either, but if you've ever looked at the website for Movie Central (not sure if this is just Canada-or if it's in the US as well) but TCM wins hands down.

We just recently got the TCM channel in our area and I love it.

TCM - if you're listening still - I'd really like to see the names of at least the principal actors added to the flyovers of the titles.

Sorry folks, I don't know why but the link works from the preview, but when I post the message, it leaves off the last part of the link which is a "&". I'm adding it in once more, but if it doesn't work, do a search in General Discussions for "New Look to Schedule" it has about 6 pages of comments and replies from TCM.

http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7768194&

Come on TCM....it's time to get on the ball, Xmas and New Years are over. All the rest of us are back to work. Please clean up the schedule format so we don't have to kill so many trees to print it and bring back the multiple time zone....Please.

Upset that we can't print out monthly schedule in 28 or fewer pages and can't get schedule in CST and MST? Don't hold your breath waiting for TCM to return to previous user-friendly format. TCM is now selling a "Now Plalying" monthly schedule. Now that they have another greedy money-making scheme, don't bet that they will go back to old format.

What is this! Did someone at TCM come up with a really stupid idea and implement it? This format is awful. Let's go back to last year's format where you could change the time zone and get a daily printout that also gave descriptions. Don't like the current setup AT ALL! What happened!

Silvermoon

Glad to see I'm not alone in my "unhappiness" (understatement!) regarding this new monthly format. Sadly I have to agree with a previous poster that TCM seems to want its viewers to subscribe to it's monthly guide. Do we know if it posts times for the Central and Mountain time zones?

To the powers that be at TCM: (who didn't respond to my question as to why you're only publishing programming for the Eastern and Pacific time zones) Alienating viewers isn't smart PR .. it could come back to bite you you-know-where!

M Butler

Peeved in the Mountain Time Zone

If TCM indeed wants people to subscribe to their monthly newsletter, I suggest all the people unhappy with the new schedule format hold firm, keep complaining, and DON'T give in. How difficult can it be to make something that was once working and make it work again? And if TCM can't keep up a basic website, then how can anyone expect them to do a decent job with a subscription monthly guide?!

Well, not being one who subscribes to conspiracy theories, I'm sure that TCM didn't change the on-line schedule to force anybody to buy their Now Playing Guide.

OTOH, for less than $1 per month, the Now Playing Guide has to be one of the best values available. I don't know of anyone who doesn't think it's worth the price. Give it a try. And, for those who printout the on-line schedule each month, you'll save money (and trees;-)

I've been a subscriber to the viewing guide for almost three years, but I also print out the schedule because I like to highlight the films that interest me and I don't want to mess up the pretty glossy pages in the guide (I know, I'm weird like that). I hate to register to this board only to make a complaint, but I'll add my voice to those who want the schedule format returned to the way it was. But I'll save my real fightin' words for AMC.

TCM, you should be ashamed! It's well beyond the holidays and you're "new" schedule format is still laughable. I just checked the February schedule and I see that the early morning hours of Wednesday, February 1st no longer can be found on the first day of the month. Your webmaster has apparently determined that those hours are better suited at the end of the month, after February 28th. Wow, what a revolutionary although isane idea! I still say that the same web design team, now at work at TCM, is the same group of morons who screwed up the TV Guide web site.