Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A movie star who you would like to see to be made in to a movie bio

Perhaps he wrote that in his will because of all quality (or lack of it) in bios of his day. They had fictionalized stories, Donald O'Connor as Buster Keaton, Mickey Rooney as Lorenz Hart, and other grossly inappropriate things. It would be pretty hard to find anyone who could play him; like Keaton, he was on of a kind. Sinatra might be an interesting subject..........

I think it'd be interesting to see a biopic on Orson Welles. He lived a pretty fascinating, if sad, life. If they were going to cast someone as Welles they'd HAVE to have his voice.

I know they aren't classic actors, but also biopics on Irving Thalberg or Richard Pryor would be interesting. I mean, Pryor lit himself on fire!

There have already been actors who have played Welles ... the movie RKO 281 ... and Vincent D'onfrio from Law and Order played him in Ed Wood. But a biopic on his whole life would be good.

Sinatra has been done a couple of times. Once in a TV movie and another in an HBO Rat Pack movie, played by Ray Liotta. Horrible performance ... when he laughs he has the Henry Hill laugh from Goodfellas ... heh heh heh heh heh heh.

Scorcese said years ago that he wanted to make a Dean Martin biopic. He wanted Tom Hanks who is the last person you'd think of. And he wanted John Travolta to play Sinatra in that movie. No way. I think Jeremy Northram who played Dino in the 2002 TV Martin And Lewis movie did a good job. But I'd love to see a Dino movie. There's plenty of material to do one based on his daughter's book and Jerry Lewis's new book on their partnership.

I would love to see a movie on the HUAC blacklisting trials ... one that shows the truth and not the Hollywood-created myths associated with it. Every movie/documentary on the subject portrays the accused as being innocent, though in reality there were mountains of evidence that incriminated them. The truth is stranger than the fiction.

How about something about that whole period in Hollywood? (1920's)The scandals and murders and all the things that lead up to the creation of the production code.

Fatty Arbuckle's trial, the killings of William Desmond Taylor, and the man on Hearst's boat (what was his name?) Olive Thomas and Jack Pickford, Calra Bow...

It wasn't just what was going on in the movies that got the Moral Majority up in arms--it was the behavior (whether real or imagined) of the stars themsleves that really got the ball rolling, according to what I've read. And then there are the salaries..! And no income tax...!

> A few that are too late now -

>

> James Cagney - Michael J. Fox

>

> John Wayne - Liam Neeson

Tommy Lee Jones as Lon Chaney. The resemblance is (was) startling. TLJ is now much older than Chaney ever got to be, so it may be too late.

I can think of one that I hope NEVER is made into a movie. The Eddie Fisher autobiography. Has anyone read it? I don't think I have ever read a worst piece of trash! According to Fisher, he single-handedly saved every alcoholic in Hollywood - and screwed every actress. Sorry, I have to say 'screwed' because the book reads like a skin mag. Fisher has NO respect for anyone. None. I kinda liked him until I read this piece of trash, now I can't stand the man. He sure has a great sense of writing fiction, however! ^^

• 2 months later...

Ruby Keeler,, what a interesting person,,

began dancing in chorus lines at age 13,

ties to the Irish mob in NYC, married to Al Jolson at age 18,

and a movie career that peeked with Busby films (Dames

Footlight parade) and only 14 movies to her credit..

What a story.....

And another person from Footlight Parade who had a

wonderful career and should be portrayed in a movie or

TV special,,, Billy Bartty....

I saw a post here that mentioned a Marion Davies biopic, and I second that! I heard somewhere that Virginia Madsen portrayed her a long time ago, but as far as I know it isn't available. I don't really see a huge resemblence, but then she was much younger then, so maybe she did look like her. I don't know if anyone else will agree with me, but I think that the actress who originally played Eric's older, sleazy sister on "That 70's Show" looks a lot like her. I was watching a rerun of an old episode and she smiled, and she has that big, toothy grin like Marion did, and, being on a sitcom, has a flair for comedy, again, like Marion.

I'm sure that if a biopic was ever made about Marion Davies she wouldn't even be considered since she's virtually unknown (I don't even know her name!) and has been replaced by a different actress on "That 70's Show," but she would be my personal pick.

• 5 weeks later...

I certainly hope they never make a movie biography of Steve McQueen. Who could play him and do the role justice? It was bad enough that Pierce Bronson did Steve's role in the remake of the Thomas Crown Affair but I can't think of anybody who could play Steve McQueen. Steve was an original, the ultimate in cool.

I would love to see a movie on the HUAC blacklisting trials ... one that shows the truth and not the Hollywood-created myths associated with it. Every movie/documentary on the subject portrays the accused as being innocent, though in reality there were mountains of evidence that incriminated them. The truth is stranger than the fiction.

Possibly, but is that really the point? We're supposed to have freedom of speech in this country.

I would love to see a movie bio on Susan Cabot-directed by Todd Haynes-starring Catherine Keener or Hope Davis...Susan was raised in a series of foster homes-she later illustrated children's books and sang in NYC-first movie was extra work in "Kiss Of Death"(1947)-moved to Hollywood and did westerns, etc.-went back to NYC to do Harold Robbins' play "A Stone For Danny Fisher-"Roger Corman brought her back to Hollywood and starred her in several movies, including "The Wasp Woman-"She had a fling with King Hussein in the late '50's-She had one son, from her second marriage-His name is Timothy Scott Roman and he suffers from "dwarfism-"She kept him hidden in their Encino, CA home and injected him with "growth hormones" until he couldn't take it anymore-He bludgeoned her to death December 10, 1986...

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see a movie bio on John Huston, the director and

sometimes actor, with either Tommy Lee Jones or Jack Nicholson

portraying him.

I would also find a movie bio on George C. Scott worth watching -

you can choose the actor for that one!

Have a good one!.