Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP! Name of old Christmas movie

I recall seeing a movie many years ago about an older couple who live in a snowy part of the world, and they would make toys and give them to the children in the area. One night it snowed and they were stranded in the woods on their sleigh. Something magical happened and the elfs came and saved them, they became Mr. and Mrs Clause.

Horrible description, but I think it conveys the idea...

Any thoughts?!?! It was such a magical movie...

I don't know how old you are referring, but there was a Christmas film released in 1985 called Santa Claus: The Movie. In the film, an older couple live in a snowy area, and he makes toys out of wood for all of the children that live in their village. One night, after the couple finished delivering toys, they get stranded in a horrible snowstorm, and the elves come and rescue them. He is then chosen as the new Santa and her, Mrs. Claus. The movie is exactly what you describe, but I don't know if it is in the time period you are thinking. This video is available on DVD. Amazon and IMDB have listings if you need more information. I hope this helps!