Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am really disliking the redesign of the website. The schedule is more difficult to use, especially since I'm CST time. And I don't know how to find the search for the TCM Library any longer. Redesign should make things easier, and that is not what has happened here.

I don't like it, either. I can't check to see if any movies starring a specific star

are playing, and I am also on CST. PLEASE put it back the way it was!!!

I guess I'll probably just not watch TCM as much, as I can't navigate the schedule

very easily anymore. :(

Aw, quit your belly-achin'! (Just kidding!)

I've never been able to get a decent schedule because I'm Alaska time zone, and Pacific is as far West as the schedule will go. I would have to download the schedule in text format and after extensive editing, finally was able to come up with a schedule I could actually use! It became so much work, I finally said forget it!

I haven't tried the new customized schedule yet, but I'm sure if you all are complaining, that it won't be of use to me either.

Guest rsteiner0609

Hello there - just want to reiterate PurpleRain's post (thank you for posting Purple Rain):

We have not eliminated the way you can find actors/actresses or titles playing on TCM - we have in fact improved it. Just click on "site" in the search bar at the top of the page on the home page or Schedule page - and enter your request there - you will get the same and more results, just like the old library search....

Thank you -

TCM web

You're welcome TCM web.

Do hope you get the Canadian schedule for January up soon. So far, there is only one item listed there. Looking forward to the day when all the "bugs" in the new site design are fixed.

Happy New Year to you and all the crew.

PS: The PST times still need to be adjusted in the "Tonight on Turner Classic Movies) box below the schedule.

It is not the same results as the old library search. The old library search turned up films that were part of the TCM library regardless of whether they were currently scheduled. The new and "improved" database search turns up films that are not in the library. And there does not seem to be notation to distiguish between films that are in the library and films that are not.

I stand behind my original opinion. The site redesign is not functional.

WHY, did you change a good thing? It was much easier with the old schedule and being on PST was easy to view and not messup or miss a favorite movie/show. Please go back to the old format. We enjoyed viewing the actors and year movie was madepplus knowing exactly what time it started and ended here.

Thank you for trying to do something better but it doesn't work!

Marylyn

Why did TCM "improve" their Schedule? It's terrible. The "old" version was twice as good as this latest, so-called, improvement. Please go back to the old Schedule page. It was perfect! It worked fine!

Recently, the TV Guide web site "improved" their Search feature too. It's terrible and I no longer can even use their Search feature and thus I have no reason to go to their web site. If TV Guide and TCM don't want people coming to their web sites, to use what used to be good features, then why not just remove your web site entirely, instead of making us upset?

TCM had a dream of a Schedule page before, where no matter what time zone you lived in, you could bring up all the movies for your time zone. It worked slick as a whistle and now you've runined it. Tell me why you did it? We don't understand your thinking. Did you borrow the web master from TV Guide?

As others have written, Please go back to the old but useful Schedule page. Why make it harder for us, especially those of us who don't live in the Eastern/Pacific time zones? What do you have against your viewers and paying customers?

I agree, I dislike the site redesign. I don't mind the overall layout but I hate that we can no longer change the time zone listings. I'm in Canada, Alberta, Mountain zone and it's a pain to have to try and minus 2 hours from each time just to view anything. I don't appreciate the extra work. It's bad enough our local TV guide doesn't list any of the movie descriptions to begin with so we can't use it any longer as we no longer know what anything is about, but now we can't even just print something up with the proper time on it.

Please re-set the site up to adjust for different time zones and then I'll be a happy viewer again. This is the only channel we pretty well watch now and that is because we could easily print up the whole months listings in advance and plan. If I had known these changes were going to be made the 2 weeks ago when I printed up December's listings I would have printed a couple of months more in advance. I saw no warning of any changes posted anywhere, though I admit I hadn't been to the site much yet so may have missed it.

Just change it back to allow time zone adjustments and I'm betting most people will be reasonable happy.

I've got to agree with most of the posters to this thread the monthly listing is terrible. I live in Alaska. I've got to try and remember to subtract 4 hours from the ET time listings. And that's the only choice you give us for getting a monthly listing. One of the reasons for using computers and the Internet is for the computer to do the work for us. What's the matter with you programmers/web designers? (If it's not the programmers/web designers but a management decision then you're worse than Dilbert's boss.) Can't you leave well enough alone? It's bad enough that you messed up but you then take off on vacation and say that you'll get to it sometime after the New Year. Come on, you should know better than making a big change when you can't be around to make adjustments. I know you East coast folks think nobody or nothing exists outside of the Eastern seaboard but there's a lot of us that do exist out here in the hinterlands. Get this fixed, get it fixed soon.