Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks to TCM's Movie Database Rear Window Question Now Answered!

Back when I was a child (in the 80's). Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window would often be aired on television. On the television version, there was an extra scene in which James Stewart has a dream about the conversation he and Grace Kelly just had about their futures. On the vhs and dvd version, this scene was not included. For years I tried to find out why this scene was on the tv version and not on the release version. I was told that I was "dreaming" and that the scene did not exist. I even spoke with Robert A Harris and James Katz who restored Rear Window as well as Steven Derosa, the author of the John Michael Hayes book, and none of them knew what I was talking about. Finally, the TCM movie database acknowledged this extra scene and answered my question as to why the scene was in the television version. Does anyone else remember the scene? I used to have it on tape, but has since been recorded over. It would still be there had I known that it was a rare scene! Thank you TCM for answering my question after all these years!