Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

user friendly printing of daily/monthly schedules

just printed schedules for Dec 26 to 31 at tcm Canada. Non-essential Turner info(to me at least) takes up 50% pages. If this info could be eliminated I could print one day's schedule on legal size paper and another day's schedule on reverse. The 6 days schedules could be printed on 3 pages in printer friendly version instead of the 13 pages I required( 7 of which are discards with Turner info on 1 side).

Did I miss a printer friendly version offer on the Turner Classic Movie site or can anyone out there suggest a way to print friendly.Thanks

P.S. I am an absolute novie on the P.C,

It used to take me aprox 16 pages to print the average month's schedule, if I selected the smallest text size and selected single (not double) page printing.

Almost 2 days of the schedule were printed on each page.

NOW IT TAKES 33 PAGES.

This is NOT what I would call an improvment.

Please put the monthly print format back to the way it was.

There was nothing wrong with it, nor has anything new been added

to warrant the "makeover". If anything, the plot summaries have

been abbreviated, but the excessive spacing causes considerably

less information to be printed out per page.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Yeah!

Gee you'd almost think they don't WANT us to print out the schedule for free, eh? Well, I refuse to be manipulated into paying for their Now Playing Guide instead (even if I wanted to subscribe, which I don't, I assume they only have one guide anyway so it wouldn't even be accurate for Canada since they substitute movies sometimes over here)

If I have to, I'll copy and paste each day's schedule into a wordpad, reformat it myself the way I like it, and print from there. It's incredibly tedious and time-consuming to do this for every single day, but if I must, I must.

I'll be darned. I never looked at the page count on my schedules, since I just copy and pasted them into Word and then sat in front of the computer, highlighting what I wanted to tape, and then noting that on my calendar. Tedious, but I never wanted to waste the paper.

However, I am also quite curious. What did take up 30 screens/pages on Word now takes up 53!!!!

tcmprogrammer, tcmweb..............what's up with that?

Here it is the day before Jan 1 and when I click "1" on the site , It comes up with Dec. 1. I guess you guys working out there have taken the holiday off. Not only that when I click "month after" in expectations of seeing Feb's schedule, I get a blank Jan.

From the old site, I was able to print out Feb's...and search out March's which I have...and was anticipating April's...that's what I call viewing involvement...which the new site frustrates and minimizes. I am all for change...but please don't lose the interaction that your die-hard viewers have with your network through your website. The new site has unnecessary scrolling...appears to be in competition with IMDB rather than deepen your viewer's interaction with your present programming, doesn't easily allow us the involvement and joy, yes joy, with your future programming...and hopefully, with the new changes you'll bring back some of the strengths of your former site. Please...you're missing an important part of involvement with your franchise, it you don't. I hope your reading this...I hope I'm clear...and thanks.

First, we don't want to you to pay for the Now Playing guide if you don't want it. We really want to create the best experience on the website as possible, including the schedule. But for technical reasons we had to switch to the new website by the end of '05, so there were/are a few bugs that need to be worked out. We're paying very close attention to the comments and we're very aware of the issues. We are working on them.

Normally on or about the first of the month I print out the monthly schedule. This month I won't be. The reason I won't be is the option for printing a WEST coast schedule is missing. It was really nice when you could print the schedule in the correct time zone. I live in Washington state. Not New York. Please put it back the way it was.

I just registered tonight so I could send a bit PHOOEY to TCM for violating the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule.

Pfui on eliminating timezones. Pfui on printing taking up 50% more paper. Generally Pfui on the new site. TCM musta hired one of those high-priced but know-nothing consultants to help with their redesign.

It was only two days ago that I was thinking how much better TCM's online schedule was than the other movie channels including IFC and the pay channels such as HBO, MAX, Starz and Encore.

1. I could download it for my time zone without having to manually change the time for each movie and not worry if I might have missed one.

2. It was "linear" (as apposed to a "monthly calendar" or PDF with multiple columns) so that it was easy to copy and load into Word for manipulation as I chose.

3. I could see the proposed schedule for 2 to 3 months in advance.

Now you changed it. When will people learn that change is not necessarily progress.

NOW ONE ADDITIONAL COMPLAINT! In order to register for this Message Board to log my complaint, I had to agree to 'Terms and Conditions" that were not available for reading, i.e., when accessed their was a "sorry, not available" message. Therefore my implied agreement to those terms and conditions is null and void.

Clay

I hadn't looked at the March schedule before I posted my response to your schedule format changes, so I wish to add:

Your "new" method for film summaries is definitly a step BACKWARDS. They do nothing to make a person want to view a film with which they are not already familiar.

Clay

TCM musta hired one of those high-priced but know-nothing consultants to help with their redesign.

Exactly, DougG.

tcmprogrammer, you said:

But for technical reasons we had to switch to the new website by the end of '05, so there were/are a few bugs that need to be worked out.

Was money one of the reasons? Throw money at something at the end of the year so you get the same amount in the budget next year? Some such other corporate shenanigan? I can't fathom any other reason for upsetting as many people as you have. Perhaps you can share.

> First, we don't want to you to pay for the Now

> Playing guide if you don't want it...

Actually, some folks can't get the Now Playing Guide at all. TCM refuses to take subscriptions from Canadian addresses.

> We're paying very close attention to

> the comments and we're very aware of the issues. We

> are working on them.

By the way, tcmprogrammr... although I've been outspoken about the awful changes to the online schedule, I haven't mentioned that I really like the new website itself overall, and the database. Hopefully when all the schedule complaints have been addressed, things will overall be much nicer than they used to be.

A BIG mistake was made on printed schedule and the daily on site schedule. Why would you think the only two time zones are eastern and pacific?? Why should you cut Descriptions? Why did you force big fonts on us, more than doubling printout size?

You had a great site that was useful and you killed it. Please change back. listen to your public!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does anyone know if back issues of Now Playing Guide are available?

For those folks in Canada- if you like you can subscribe, have it sent to me and I'll send to you-

I dont think it would cost much for postage.

I used to print out the Guide too, each month and it did take up about 30 pages but I figure that since I am getting so mich enjoyment being able to see and record so many old classics and discovering new old ones, it's worth far more than the subscription price than the Guide so I just subscribed.

• 1 month later...

I am actually surprised by people not subscribing to Now Playing (okay, I can understand Canada being upset if they can't get one). Subscriptions work out to about $1 a month. I circle all the movies I want to see when I get it and leave it on the coffee table, the way I used to with TV Guide (which costs several times for one week's issue!). So, each day I pick it up to see what I have circled and know ahead of time what to record. I have also printed out the full schedules and they really are great for seeing what is coming up months ahead of the Now Playing, but when the actual month comes the Now Playing guide is the only way to go.

I have read in different threads that people are very upset because the Remind Me feature is not working as they like, but I have to suppose they don't get trhe Now Paying magazine. And then here in this thread I feel downright hostility from some about getting it.

Why? It's not expensive. (And I have even seen them become collectors items. Some people are selling individual back issues for $9 or more on eBay.) I think it is a great bargain at about $1 a month. And, more importantly, we all love TCM here. So I also see getting the magazine as showing my support for TCM.

So, why so much anger?

I hope soon you get the problems with the website, especially the monthly schedule, worked out. I have tried to be patient through the month of February, thought tonight I would see what will be on in March. I found that when I clicked on "Month Schedule" the only option was the February schedule. Then I tried clicking the "schedule" button, then using the link to "next month." Got no response at all from that. The "month after" link didn't work either.

Maybe if I wait until March 1st I will have more success.

I was just wondering why Canada can't have the same schedule as the U.S.? Wouldn't that be much simpler in dealing with the scheduling.

I also appreciated the feature where you could select your own time zone.

I absolutely love TCM and can hardly wait until the movie guide is available to us Canadians.

As far as I'm concerned it's the best network out there!!!!

They had a perfect printable schedule, they screwed it up so the web site stinks to high heaven. They have had two full months to return us to a worthwhile site. They seem to have no plans to do that! where is Tcmprogrammer? Did it take them 2 months to screw it up?

Give us a poll on what we think of new site.

Hi - it's March 2 and I've just tried to download the monthly schedule on the Canadian side and it still comes up blank.

Any word on when it will be available or will the U.S. schedule and the Canadian schedule now be the same?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!