Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Has To Be Stopped!

I knew about the "new internet" over a year ago.  It comes with a "kill switch".

Let the data harvesting begin. :angry:

NSAs-Massive-Utah-Data-center.jpg

nsa-blimp-inline.jpg

was greenpeace for or against the election of barack obama to the presidency of the united states???

:D

I'm profoundly concerned that this sinister "deal", which could potentially limit our rights so much in so many ways, has been discussed so little by the countries involved. Discussed with their citizenship and with the media, that is. You can be sure if something's done mostly in secret, as this was, you have reason to be suspicious of it.

The threat to internet freedoms is cause to worry. However, what I find even scarier about the TPP is the very real possibility that global corporations would be able to sue democratically elected governments, should such a government attempt to pass laws restricting what corporations can do - including environmental damage and  interference with employees' rights.

This is the part in the article you linked us to that upsets me the most:

"....The most shocking revelation in the finalized text isn’t in the intellectual property chapter itself, but in a provision that includes intellectual property enforcement in the troubling Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) scheme. ISDS allows corporations to sue governments in secretive international tribunals if they feel that a nation’s local laws are “unfairly” limiting their ability to make money hand over fist......"

Full disclosure ( I don't care, I'm not ashamed of this): I did not vote "strategically" in our recent election. ie, I did not vote for the Liberals. I voted NDP, and one of my reasons for doing so was, the NDP openly and vigorously opposes the TPP.

The Liberals' stand on  this was much more vague.

• Like 2

was greenpeace for or against the election of barack obama to the presidency of the united states???

:D

When it's all said and done, the NSA will be able to track everything that walks, crawls, fly and swim.

Guess Greenpeace now  has bigger fish to follow on land rather than in the sea.

elephant_seal_jpg_39755.jpg

I'm profoundly concerned that this sinister "deal", which could potentially limit our rights so much in so many ways, has been discussed so little by the countries involved. Discussed with their citizenship and with the media, that is. You can be sure if something's done mostly in secret, as this was, you have reason to be suspicious of it.

The threat to internet freedoms is cause to worry. However, what I find even scarier about the TPP is the very real possibility that global corporations would be able to sue democratically elected governments, should such a government attempt to pass laws restricting what corporations can do - including environmental damage and  interference with employees' rights.

This is the part in the article you linked us to that upsets me the most:

"....The most shocking revelation in the finalized text isn’t in the intellectual property chapter itself, but in a provision that includes intellectual property enforcement in the troubling Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) scheme. ISDS allows corporations to sue governments in secretive international tribunals if they feel that a nation’s local laws are “unfairly” limiting their ability to make money hand over fist......"

Full disclosure ( I don't care, I'm not ashamed of this): I did not vote "strategically" in our recent election. ie, I did not vote for the Liberals. I voted NDP, and one of my reasons for doing so was, the NDP openly and vigorously opposes the TPP.

The Liberals' stand on  this was much more vague.

Worst Policy for Canada Ever?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/balsillie-fears-tpp-could-cost-canada-billions-become-203327302.html

Why are some of you talking about Greenpeace? This is a thread about the Trans-Pacific Pact. Did any of you read the article in the link darkblue provided?

db, thanks for link for Jim Basille's take on the TPP. You know it can't be a good thing if even a businessman of Basille's status is against it.