Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Calling all superstitious!

I guess I was in one of "those moods".

But since I had my TIA incidents, I've been on a reduced sodium diet.  Sort of.  Which actually means that I noticably reduced my sodium intake, but not at obssessive levels.

But, I DO use a product called NU-SALT, which is an artificial salt that's potassium based.

It's OK, and CAN be used in cooking, which means I have to cook seperate meals as my wife has a kidney condition that calls for avoiding potassium.  ANY-hoo------

I know that when you spill a bit of salt, it's supposed to be bad luck unless you quickly throw some over your..uh,...LEFT shoulder(I think), but as I reached for my container of fake salt, I knocked it over and a bit spilled out.  And I stood there wondering...

"NOW what?"  The other shoulder?

Or, does it mean good luck instead?

There should be some kind of  HANDBOOK for this stuff.

Sepiatone

I guess I was in one of "those moods".

But since I had my TIA incidents, I've been on a reduced sodium diet.  Sort of.  Which actually means that I noticably reduced my sodium intake, but not at obssessive levels.

But, I DO use a product called NU-SALT, which is an artificial salt that's potassium based.

I don't know if there's a Trader Joe near you, but they have a salt free product that I like very much, and I don't need to restrict my sodium intake (though everyone should). It's Trader Joe's Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa No Salt Added. It's in a jar near the other jarred salsas. It has a very good flavour and a nice fresh taste.

One thing I've noticed, Swithin, since perusing nutrition labels and such since I started all this was....

My DOCTOR suggested on using as little as possible, or simply just eliminating the use of MUSTARD as a condiment.

Actually, there's nothing to fear from it.

NO sodium, NO fat, NO calories! or cholestrol.  I took a small bottle into my next visit, and BOY!  Was HIS face red!

And Hunts thankfully, does market a "no salt" ketchup, which the regular ketchup has PLENTY of.

I don't often eat too much salsa, but my sister in law, who also watches her salt intake, and lives in Southwest Detroit( one of America's largest latino populations) found a tasty "salt free" salsa made fresh in the region's very popular E&L Market.

And no, there is no Trader Joe's anywhere near me.  There ARE Trader Joe's in the metro Detroit area, but they're quite a drive away from where I live.  But given the opportunity, I might dodge into one and check out that salsa.  Thanks for the info.

Sepiatone

I had my gall bladder removed this summer. Following the surgery, I was told to be on a no fat/very low fat diet for six weeks. That wasn't as hard as it sounded. I probably had enough tuna steak (a very low fat fish) to raise my mercury levels; and I discovered that there are trashy non-fat fake American cheese products that make a tolerable grilled cheese sandwich. And I've come to appreciate meringues!