Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Programming Challenge #31 Teaser!

speedracer5

Just a reminder that the TCM Programming Challenge #31 starts in 3 weeks on Sunday, November 29, 2015.  

I'll leave these teasers:

The official title of the challenge is, "There is no 'I' in Team." 

There will be two required challenges and two optional ones.  

300px-SNPP_softball_team_-_city_champs.p

Just a reminder that the TCM Programming Challenge #31 starts in 3 weeks on Sunday, November 29, 2015.  

I'll leave these teasers:

The official title of the challenge is, "There is no 'I' in Team." 

There will be two required challenges and two optional ones.  

300px-SNPP_softball_team_-_city_champs.p

There is no: "I" in: "team" but there is: "ta, me" if you shake the letters around.

I must wonder if Challenges will concern sports, 1992, cities or crazy people operating dangerous facilities.

Will you be disclosing in advance number of premieres which we can use or any other details?

There is no: "I" in: "team" but there is: "ta, me" if you shake the letters around.

I must wonder if Challenges will concern sports, 1992, cities or crazy people operating dangerous facilities.

Will you be disclosing in advance number of premieres which we can use or any other details?

Yes. I suppose there is no harm in disclosing additional teasers.

There will be 15 allowed premieres.  Per usual, each challenge will have a set number of exempt premieres.

I will also be allowing 3 Made for TV movies as long as they relate to a specific theme. 

The main challenge will involve sports.  This block of films all must have the same theme.  The theme could be the same sport, someone overcoming adversity (like a disability, for example), just an example. 

I will also have a secondary required theme that will take the "team" aspect, but does not have to relate specifically to sports.

I'm glad you bumped this up, too since I have been mostly off the message boards the past couple of weeks dealing with an assortment of "family crises."

The challenge theme sounds great and I, too would love to know what time period we can use

for our schedules.  I hope we can use 2017 since I have been "thinking" along those lines!

Lydecker

• Like 1

Yes! I will release the time frame.

THE TIME FRAME IS:

::Drumroll please::

May 1, 2017 through April 30, 2018. 

Please note that my Simpsons graphic was only used to represent the idea of "sports" and "team." It doesn't relate any further to the challenge.  

• Like 2

I am sorry to be a bother but I must wonder if that is typographical error or if you mean for schedules to be minimum of eighteen months in the future.

Well I was thinking that the time frame in the last challenge seemed to cover the end of 2016 and most of 2017, which is why I had started mine halfway through '17 and into '18 as a way to not overlap time frames so that there are some other potential theme ideas (based on dates) that would differ from the last challenge.

Would everyone want to have an earlier timeframe to use? I'm not really set on anything, I just picked dates arbitrarily. 

Well I was thinking that the time frame in the last challenge seemed to cover the end of 2016 and most of 2017, which is why I had started mine halfway through '17 and into '18 as a way to not overlap time frames so that there are some other potential theme ideas (based on dates) that would differ from the last challenge.

My concern with this approach is that Challenges are held several times each year and so continuing such practice would soon have us creating schedules meant for more than a decade in the future.

It is your Challenge and I do not wish to sway your decisions. I simply wondered if those dates were by intent or by typing error.

My concern with this approach is that Challenges are held several times each year and so continuing such practice would soon have us creating schedules meant for more than a decade in the future.

It is your Challenge and I do not wish to sway your decisions. I simply wondered if those dates were by intent or by typing error.

I didn't consider the other challenges taking place in the same year. Would other participants prefer an earlier time frame?

I hope that no person gives undue weight to my concern as it is very likely that I will not have time to create schedule for this Challenge. It seems that each one requires more time to compile than previous one and my schedule is insane until well into next year.

I didn't consider the other challenges taking place in the same year. Would other participants prefer an earlier time frame?

I understand why you chose the time frame that you did and generally the challenge "year" usually goes beyond the time frame in the prior challenge. Personally, I would like the challenge time period to at least go into the first 6 months of 2017.  But, remember,  it's your challenge so you can do exactly what you like.  If the next Challenge Host wants to push us back in time, that is his/her prerogative.  Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

I'm going to stick with the announced time frame, I don't want to have to go back on what I already announced.

NEXT CHALLENGE HOST: Feel free to select an earlier time frame :-)  It's your prerogative! 

LP: I just noticed your headline and avatar, I love Michigan J. Frog.  His one shot spot at stardom in "One Froggy Evening" cartoon is one of the best of the Looney Tunes cartoons.  That cartoon and "The Three Little Bops" are two of my favorites.

• Like 2