Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

X Marks The Spot

OllieTSB

Help! 

I am creating a film festival called X MARKS THE SPOT and trying to include every "X" film I can find.

The Amazing Mr. X.

Comrade X

Doctor X and The Return Of Doctor X

Madame X (both the 1929 and 1937 versions)

Man From Planet X

Man With X Ray Eyes

X The Unknown

Good films, bad films, and the occasional bore.  I am avoiding the modern X-Men films - TV has those frequently enough.

Doing an IMDB search on "keyword = X" isn't fruitful because every doctor's show and TV episode that mentions "X-Ray" gets included, along with Gen-X, and eX-lover, etc. 

So, if you can think of other films with an "X" Name in the title, pile those on here.  Your results will be used to inflict a great and powerful curs - er, film festival - onto my unwitting subjects.  (Is there any chance one particular human won't be reading this?  Nah... probably not... darn... well, it's too late.  The suffering will occur, regardless of forewarning. bwa-ha-ha-ha)

Some additions...

CITIZEN X (1995) Tale of the Russian serial killer...

PILOT X (aka DEATH IN THE AIR, 1936)... I see this is also referred to as MURDER IN THE AIR.  There's no mention of SICK IN THE AIR, or FEELING A LITTLE BAD IN THE AIR.  (Obviously, this was before Prequels became popular, I suppose.)

ROCKETSHIP X-M (1950) Lloyd Bridges, Morris Ankrum, Hugh O'Brien, Noah Beery Jr, Patrick Ahern - how bad can it be?  (I'm having difficulty justifying any ol' X-name... I suppose X-RAY EYES permutates the "X" name, however.)

SECRET AGENT X-9 (1945, Serial) Lloyd Bridges, Keye Luck, Benson Fong.

SUBMARINE X-1 (1968) James Caan.  Hollywood's version of British midget submarines vs. the Germans.  Where's Lloyd Bridges when ya need him?

VIRUS X (2010) Simply too modern to be seriously considered for a film festival.

X FROM OUTER SPACE (1967) Japanese kaiju "suitmation" film.  Peggy Neal, Franz Gruber and Make Daneen take over the Raymond Burr, Nick Adams and John Carradine role as token Westerners to assure the Drive-In Theaters would let this film in.  I'm sure it made a bundle, too.

And of course, X MARKS THE SPOT (1942) with Damian O'Flynn headlining a cast that includes Dick Purcell, Helen Parrish, Jack LaRue, Neil "Commissioner Gordon" Hamilton, Anne Jeffreys and Dick Wessel. But no Lloyd Bridges.  What a loss.

The trouble with these things is I end up discovering films I'd never heard of - and now desperately NEED to see 'em.  TERROR AT BAR X.  Oh boy... and I've never seen a "Bob Custer" western before. 

MYSTERY OF MR. X sounds terrific, too, but alas doesn't seem to be available on DVD. 

And SQUADRON LEADER X has that villainous Eric Portman donning yet another German uniform to create havoc for the Allies.  Darned guy...

Of course, X-15 is out of print these days.  Ah well... I remember it vaguely. 

Should I inflict three versions of MADAME/LA MUJER X onto the scene, or rely on the ol' double-tag team instead?  Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

Man From Planet X

I saw The Man from Planet X in a theater in 1951 and I loved it. It was so realistic and frightening. Being on that remote island and out there in the moors made it more scary to me. There was no emergency service to call for help. No 911 and no Operator, and some of the cops were on bicycles. Yikes!

I remembered much of this film all of my life, but I didn't get to see it again until the early 2000s on TCM.

Should I inflict three versions of MADAME/LA MUJER X onto the scene, or rely on the ol' double-tag team instead?  Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

I think the version of MADAME X with Lana Turner has the best production values. There was also an 80s TV-movie adaptation starring Tuesday Weld.

Ollie TSB--I found "Terror (1927) while doing searches through TCM's database--I should have thought if the title would be available for you.

As for the 1966 "Madame X"--Production values (jewels. gowns, etc) are great, but Lanas' performance is Not one of her best--except her final scene, where she just Nails it.

Edit: "Brand X" (1970)--looked it up in the TCM database--sounds like an early version of Saturday Night Live skewering television. click" read full synopsis" to read one paragraph.

MYSTERY OF MR. X sounds terrific, too, but alas doesn't seem to be available on DVD. 

It was in rotation on TCM recently. It is not now on schedule for next few months but there is hope that it will appear on more time in first part of next year.

"X" isn't in the title, but SCARFACE (1932) has several murders that show the victim being X-ed out -- literally. Boris Karloff is shot to death as he is bowling; his ball knocks down all the pins and an X, the symbol of a strike, is marked on his score sheet. Another victim lives in apartment X.