Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Drake

The Stars Are Singing 1953

I want to see this movie musical because it stars Anna Maria Alberghetti (Carnegie hall debut at age 14, retired from singing at age 25 in 1961 after making the musical "Carnival"). It also features Rosemary Clooney and the great tenor Lauritz Melchior. It apparently is rare because it apparently has only been on VHS and they are out of print. I have suggested it to TCM and hopefully, some others of you will also suggest it. Any other information about this movie and it's availability would be appreciated!!!

This was a Paramount picture, and I believe it's problematic to get those. Does anyone remember the intricacies of this?

I've seen it before, but not for some time. Anna Maria Alberghetti is an illegal immigrant who finds some fame singing on a local television variety show and is helped in her bid to stay in this country by Rosemary Clooney, Laurtiz Melchior and some other performers. Clooney gets to sing a pretty silly song called "Lovely Weather For Ducks" (as well as her chart-topping "Come-On-a-My-House") and Anna Maria (I think) sings "Una Voce Poco Fa" from THE BARBER OF SEVILLE, among other songs.