Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sorting movie schedule by year released

Everyone here is entitled to watch and enjoy whatever they want and I'm in no way finding fault with your pleasures, but it begs for me to ask the question. How is it you can draw line and not watch anything newer than 1949? Don't you think you're missing a great many wonderful films? While it can be argued that the '30s and '40s were, indeed, Hollywood's "golden age" there have been terrific films made in every decade since, perhaps not in such great numbers, that are certainly of the caliber of those in the "golden age". This seems to be like current thinking of many teenagers or young adults who say they won't watch anything older than 2000.

I hear you, Markfp2. It's not that I made a conscious decision not to watch anything later than 1949. It's just that there's something about the movies made up until then that are very appealing to me. I think it's all about the glamour and innocence of the movies then. I agree that there were some very good films made later than 1949, but I always seem drawn to the earlier ones.

Fair enough. you just had me curious that's all. It's obvious that all of us on these boards have our own likes and dislikes and that's one of things that makes classic film lovers great, nobody judges anyone's tastes. Continue to enjoy what makes you happy.

priorto1949, I really understand what you're saying - I feel much the same way. Although I do make exceptions up to 1959. Otherwise, I wouldn't get to see Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster and others. But my prefernce is definitely pre-1949. I do watch other movies and enjoy lots of them .... but what I'm drawn to usually ends up being before '49. The only thing I can advise is to get TCM's monthly schedule since the year is included with each movie. Better yet, subscribe to Now Playing - I'm going to do that for the first time this year. Happy viewing!