Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
thomas

A movie that total bomed at the box office but you loved

"Bringing Up Baby," "Holiday," "A Foriegn Affair," "Lifeboat"

As for more modern movies, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "The Stepford Wives"

RAISE THE TITANIC.

Just about everyone blasted this movie but I love it ! Especially John Barry's score,and the special effects. Alec Guiness was along for the ride.

this is a fairly recent film, but I thought The Four Feathers was marvelous and didnt' receive the credit it deserved.

Oh, yes, I agree about "The Shawshank Redemption" and the recent "Stepford Wives" which is truly hilarious. I'm sure both of these will be dvd rental hits for a long time to come.

I like silly, light comedies like "Eight on the Lam" with Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, and Jonathan Winters. Or the "Road to" series and the Rock Hudson/Doris Day movies. It makes me mad when movies like this are shoved aside as "not real film" - hey, they make me happy! I was watching a biography of Cary Grant and they went into great detail about his great dramatic roles like "North by Northwest," but just mentioned the titles of his "lesser" movies like "Father Goose" and "Operation Petticoat." I really like those movies!

I'm not sure where to go to find out if a movie bombed or not in the box office when they came out but I love Father Goose and Operation Petticoat. I would say these two movie s rank up around my all time favorites. Of course It's A Wonderful Life is another favorite of mine.