Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No, I didn't know that - but I really enjoy trivial like that thanks for sharing. I like all 3 actresses but I'm glad things went as they did. However, I can see both actresses in the Now, Voyageur role and can't for a minute see Crawford in From Here to Eternity. Whatcha all think?

The role I wish would have been cast differently is Wuthering Heights. Laurence Olivier wanted Vivian Leigh to play Cathy, and as much as I like Oberon and DO think she did great in the role, I think Vivian would have been even better.

did you know that barbara stanwyck and bette davis were michael curtiz's 1st and 2nd choices 2 play mildred pierce? laurerence olivier won the role of max de winter in rebecca, only after william powell & ronald colman turned down the role. i might add that after completing gone with the wind, the first role that vivien leigh tested for was joan fontaine's in rebecca. could you see priscilla lane as melanie? producers thought so, but instead went with olivia de havilland, after her sister flopped the meeting by showing up in furs and jewels.

My favorite is the casting in "The High And The Mighty" John Wayne, who gave one of his best performances in that one, originally did not want to act in it, just produce it. He wanted Spencer Tracy for the part of Dan Roman. I think Tracy would have played the part differently but he would haave been great as well. And Robert Stack's character was to have been played by Robert Cummings(then a licensed pilot), but that fell through the cracks as well and Stack through his friendship with Wayne(Bullfighter and the Lady) got that part

another ann was offered the part of mildered pierce also. ann sothern that is. madame curie was originally written for greta garbo and pride & prejudice and mrs. miniver were both for norma shearer. norma had a proble playing the mother of a grown man and that's why she turned down mrs. miniver.

ginger rogers' role in kitty foyle was offered to katharine hepburn at first but she turned it down because she said it was too soapy. even after ginger won the oscar, kate said she she still would've turned down the role.

bette davis turned down the role of scarlett o' hara because she refused to work with errol flynn as rhett butler. that's why jezebel was tailor made for her.

the original casting in "it happened one night" was to have inluded george montgomery in clark gable's role and myrna loy, bette davis, miriam hopkins, or marharet sullavan in colbert's shoes.

barbara stanwyck picked up the leading role in ball of fire, only after ginger rogers dropped out.

can you believe this??? insted of bogie and bergman, the leading roles in casablanca were originally slated for ronald reagan and hedy lamarr!!

ironically, rosiland russell turned down the role of loretta young's oscar winning role in the farmer's daughter.

I can't picture anyone else but Loretta Young in The Farmer's Daughter.

A friend of mine met Loretta Young in the 50s. She was a waitress at The Toll House Inn in Whitman, MA, home of the Toll House Cookie. The restaurant was built around apple trees that sprung from the floor and flourished throughout the dining room. Loretta Young came in and sat at her station. Young ordered their famous onion soup to start. When my friend brought her soup over to Young's table, a precedent occured ... an apple dropped from a tree and landed in Young's onion soup just as it was about to be served to her. There was a big silence because no one knew what to say. Another soup was provided and the meal went on.

> can you believe this??? insted of bogie and bergman,

> the leading roles in casablanca were originally

> slated for ronald reagan and hedy lamarr!!

Not true. Producer Hal Wallis didn't want anybody else but Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman for the leads in CASABLANCA:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/reagan.asp

Furthermore, I've seen the same item about Reagan and Sheridan in Variety, and a correction appeared in the following week's issue saying the item was untrue.