Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

Comcast on-screen guide problem

I have Comcast cable, live in North Central Florida, and have noticed something odd. The on-screen guide usually goes about 12-14 days in advance, but for some reason it has stopped listing any specific programming for TCM as of November 19th 7:30 am. As far as I can remember, it's never done this before. I'm sure it's probably a temporary glitch or hang up but I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this in their area. The fatalist in me is afraid my local carrier may drop the channel.

I see the same thing on Time Warner Cable - no specific info after the 19th.  The internet TV sites are showing the listings for a few days after that, so it's probably just some kind of delay in providing the data to the cable companies.

I too am having this problem, and when I call Comcast, they tell me that it's the fault of TCM for not supplying the data. But even more alarming, when I look at my computer listings starting after 7:30 AM on November 19, the channel disappears completely.

I too am having this problem, and when I call Comcast, they tell me that it's the fault of TCM for not supplying the data. But even more alarming, when I look at my computer listings starting after 7:30 AM on November 19, the channel disappears completely.

Yeah, I'm starting to get worried. It still isn't fixed, and as of Thursday morning, I will no longer be able to DVR anything on TCM, and unfortunately, in my household, that pretty much means no watching of TCM at all.

• Like 1

The same issue is happening with Rogers cable in Toronto -- no specific film listings after 7:30AM on November 19. Very strange.

• Like 1

I have registered on this forum just to ask about this.  It has now been four days, apparently, with the TCM guide information blank after the morning of November 19.  I thought that maybe Comcast was dropping Turner Classic Movies, but if the posts on this forum are correct and there is no guide information after November 19 on Time Warner and on Canadian cable providers, it would seem that the problem is on TCM's end.

Which raises the question of why they've left their guide blank for four days.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm starting to get worried. It still isn't fixed, and as of Thursday morning, I will no longer be able to DVR anything on TCM, and unfortunately, in my household, that pretty much means no watching of TCM at all.

For me it's a little more acute: Comcast requires a (minor) upgrade of service to see TCM (which I've viewed as long as I've had cable or satellite TV). I don't watch every movie, but the offerings are unique in many instances (I'm particularly fond of movies such as Friendly Persuasion, which I DVR'd yesterday--and many other offerings). In short, I paid for the upgrade on account of TCM. I've tried to alert our community representative and called customer service multiple times to no avail. I hope then, that Comcast and TCM read these posts. I'd want the channel (though not to the point of going to the very top tier, which includes all sorts of things I'll never watch).

• Like 1

For me it's a little more acute: Comcast requires a (minor) upgrade of service to see TCM (which I've viewed as long as I've had cable or satellite TV). I don't watch every movie, but the offerings are unique in many instances (I'm particularly fond of movies such as Friendly Persuasion, which I DVR'd yesterday--and many other offerings). In short, I paid for the upgrade on account of TCM. I've tried to alert our community representative and called customer service multiple times to no avail. I hope then, that Comcast and TCM read these posts. I'd want the channel (though not to the point of going to the very top tier, which includes all sorts of things I'll never watch).

I also pay for the extra tier to get TCM, so I feel your pain!

Well, as noted previously, different cable companies besides Comcast are experiencing this, apparently.

I'm surprised that there are so few posts in this thread.  Are other people able to see the guide?

Just as a point of reference for those of you having problems, I have TWC and I checked my guide. It shows listings through 11/27. So, no problems here in that regard.

Just as a point of reference for those of you having problems, I have TWC and I checked my guide. It shows listings through 11/27. So, no problems here in that regard.

I have DirecTV satellite and have the schedule up through 11/27 8:00PM.  It is likely most get the guide through Tribune Media, so it sounds like an issue somewhere else along the pipeline (not TCM).

I have DirecTV satellite and have the schedule up through 11/27 8:00PM.  It is likely most get the guide through Tribune Media, so it sounds like an issue somewhere else along the pipeline (not TCM).

So...someone who is responsible for sending the guide to Comcast has failed?

Are we reasonably confident that TCM isn't going to disappear from Comcast on Thursday?

So...someone who is responsible for sending the guide to Comcast has failed?

Are we reasonably confident that TCM isn't going to disappear from Comcast on Thursday?

It might just be someone having database issues, in which case it will get resolved and life will go on.

It might just be someone having database issues, in which case it will get resolved and life will go on.

I certainly hope that's the case.

Still nothiing on the guide after 4:30 am Pacfic on November 19. It's been, oh, five days now.

Still nothiing on the guide after 4:30 am Pacfic on November 19. It's been, oh, five days now.

Still nothing here on the east coast either, past Thursday morning.

Still nothing here on the east coast either, past Thursday morning.

And nothing here in the southeast, either. I suppose the test will come on Thursday morning. I'll tune in and see if there's anything showing (guide or not). If movies do play, then I can within reason DVR (or watch) by using the online schedule. But posting the guide in my menu would not seem rocket science: every other Turner channel (in fact every other channel, even ones I don't subscribe to) appear in the guide. Can this really be that hard to fix after this thread and repeated calls to customer service? And why should it affect cable providers but not satellite providers?

Called a Comcast number, was connected to a service rep in Denver who was completely unfamiliar with what I was talking about but apparently turned on the TV in his office or whatever and observed that there was no program information for TCM after the morning of November 19.

Man, you'd think that people would know about this by now.  That either 1) the problem would be fixed or 2) if it turned out that Comcast was dropping TCM, that would have been announced.  I realize that Comcast has a reputation for awful service but this had been for the better part of a week now.

We have Time-Warner Cable. Last of the Mobile Hot-Shots (1970) is last movie on on-screen schedule. It is: "Turner Classic Movies" for all times after that. I must wonder if complete change of schedule to honor: Maureen O'Hara caused glitch.

Might be a stupid question at this point, but have y'all tried rebooting your DVRs?  At least in one or two cases, that has been known to force the schedule to reload from the mothership.

Might be a stupid question at this point, but have y'all tried rebooting your DVRs?  At least in one or two cases, that has been known to force the schedule to reload from the mothership.

I haven't, because this is a TCM-only problem...I'll try it later tonight and see.

Yeah, rebooted 5 times. Comes up the same. And the box refreshes the guide every night at some point (or else how would the listings extend to the next day).

Rebooting didn't work. Just like the poster below, the last TCM movie I see on my guide is "Last of the Mobile Hot-Shots", and the guide is blank after 4:30 am Pacific on November 19.

I use the "MyDVR" function on the Comcast website - I can schedule recordings while online.  The website listings go blank on Thursday as well.   I've also posted polite complaints on three different sections in the Black Hole of Comcast (otherwise known euphemistically as Comcast Customer Support Forums).  A lot of views, no responses.  I don't know what the solution is.