Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

unprecedented terrorist carnage in paris by isis

NipkowDisc

isis should never have been reduced to a manageable threat that could be dealt with years down the road. isis shoulda been dealt with decisively, completely and overwhelmingly. for a man who I'm sure prides himself on his intellect, president obama strikes me as incredibly short-sighted.

and there's really no excuse for it. everyone has to live in the real world..even a potus. and what paris is experiencing this evening of friday the 13th, 2015 could happen elsewhere if leaders that people have entrusted doan stop imagining that the real world is some silly fantasized sesame street-like pet sociology project.

"this ain't no game!"-a no. 1 (lee marvin)

Reuters live coverage:

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Paris_attacks_2

The root cause of terrorism lies not in grievances but in a disposition toward unbridled violence. This can be traced to a world view which asserts that certain ideological and religious goals justify, indeed demand, the shedding of all moral inhibitions.

Benjamin Netanyahu 

The root cause of terrorism lies not in grievances but in a disposition toward unbridled violence. This can be traced to a world view which asserts that certain ideological and religious goals justify, indeed demand, the shedding of all moral inhibitions.

Benjamin Netanyahu 

I agree.

Maybe now all of Europe will get its **** in gear, unlike what it did not do before WW I and WW II, and learn how to take care of itself instead of looking to the United States to save those ****. We can't do it this time. Our nation of 330,000,000 can't take on 1.2 billion crazy people by ourselves, not to mention another and a different 1.3 billion (Chinese) that might later develop a world domination plan.

This is a WARNING to FRANCE, GERMANY, ENGLAND, ITALY, SWITZERLAND, BELGIUM, HOLLAND, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, RUSSIA AND ALL THOSE OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 2

THE WORLD SET FREE, by H.G. Wells, published in 1914, about a war of Atomic Bombs that, in fact, were "dirty bombs" that emitted radiation for centuries: He got his scientific information from an early British atomic scientist in 1909.

"There are stories of puffs of luminous, radio-active vapour drifting sometimes scores of miles from the bomb centre and killing and scorching all they overtook. And the first conflagrations from the Paris centre spread westward half-way to the sea.

Moreover, the air in this infernal inner circle of red-lit ruins had a peculiar dryness and a blistering quality, so that it set up a soreness of the skin and lungs that was very difficult to heal....

Such was the last state of Paris, and such on a larger scale was the condition of affairs in Chicago, and the same fate had overtaken Berlin, Moscow, Tokio, the eastern half of London, Toulon, Kiel, and two hundred and eighteen other centres of population or armament. Each was a flaming centre of radiant destruction that only time could quench, that indeed in many instances time has still to quench. To this day, though indeed with a constantly diminishing uproar and vigour, these explosions continue. In the map of nearly every country of the world three or four or more red circles, a score of miles in diameter, mark the position of the dying atomic bombs and the death areas that men have been forced to abandon around them. Within these areas perished museums, cathedrals, palaces, libraries, galleries of masterpieces, and a vast accumulation of human achievement, whose charred remains lie buried, a legacy of curious material that only future generations may hope to examine.."

-----------------

And now under the shock of the atomic bombs, the great masses of population which had gathered into the enormous dingy town centres of that period were dispossessed and scattered disastrously over the surrounding rural areas. It was as if some brutal force, grown impatient at last at man's blindness, had with the deliberate intention of a rearrangement of population upon more wholesome lines, shaken the world. The great industrial regions and the large cities that had escaped the bombs were, because of their complete economic collapse, in almost as tragic plight as those that blazed, and the country-side was disordered by a multitude of wandering and lawless strangers. In some parts of the world famine raged, and in many regions there was plague...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1059/1059-h/1059-h.htm

***edited due to my reconsideration of posting my original little tirade here that primarily consisted of my thoughts regarding ALL the people in this world who use their belief in the "righteousness" of their religion to perform acts and treat others which run counter to the BASIC Golden Rule and which is the basic concept we ALL should follow as best we can regardless if one considers themselves "religious" or not .***

Edited by Dargo
  • Like 1

so here's kerry on cnn earlier saying "we are not here to impose our collective will on the syrian people." what's the point of saying something weak-kneed like that? he sounds almost as if he is trying to kowtow to a pack of murderous islamo-berserkers which is exactly what isis is! does kerry actually think he can soothe the savage breast of isis with diplomatic rhetoric? the genuine true folly of liberalism. now kerry is on a ceasefire kick like that's gonna stop isis. plastered across the screen on cnn we read 'U.S. : RESOLVES TO END THE SCOURGE OF TERRORISM' sure they are. that's why they made that one-sided nuke deal with iran.

so last nite obama, who never passes on any opportunity to hear himself speak, equates friday nite's carnage in france with not just an attack on the french people but all of humanity. he figured that out all by himself huh? brilliant! now what's he gonna do about it? because if what happened last nite in paris happens here in the united states, he's through! nobody will buy his happy hs then, not even his own party, and if I'm not being clear, I think obama's chronic weakness on the world stage and his willingness to capitulate to evil has encouraged isis to no end.
despite tons of diplomatic prose, the world has not changed...

when evil perceives weakness it will always exploit it...usually to the detriment of civilization.

that is what happened last nite.

so here's kerry on cnn earlier saying "we are not here to impose our collective will on the syrian people." what's the point of saying something weak-kneed like that? he sounds almost as if he is trying to kowtow to a pack of murderous islamo-berserkers which is exactly what isis is! does kerry actually think he can soothe the savage breast of isis with diplomatic rhetoric? the genuine true folly of liberalism. now kerry is on a ceasefire kick like that's gonna stop isis. plastered across the screen on cnn we read 'U.S. : RESOLVES TO END THE SCOURGE OF TERRORISM' sure they are. that's why they made that one-sided nuke deal with iran.

so last nite obama, who never passes on any opportunity to hear himself speak, equates friday nite's carnage in france with not just an attack on the french people but all of humanity. he figured that out all by himself huh? brilliant! now what's he gonna do about it? because if what happened last nite in paris happens here in the united states, he's through! nobody will buy his happy hs then, not even his own party, and if I'm not being clear, I think obama's chronic weakness on the world stage and his willingness to capitulate to evil has encouraged isis to no end.

despite tons of diplomatic prose, the world has not changed...

when evil perceives weakness it will always exploit it...usually to the detriment of civilization.

that is what happened last nite.

Before you are so quick to rush to judgment, remember that Mr. Bush's misguided Iraq War created the vacuum that is now wreaking havoc in that part of the world.

• Like 2

Before you are so quick to rush to judgment, remember that Mr. Bush's misguided Iraq War created the vacuum that is now wreaking havoc in that part of the world.

quite true. but that doesn't alter the fact that soft-spoken words of diplomacy are not gonna be enough to stop the terrorist juggernaut isis, now does it?

"who cares who started it? we're in it! and we better start trying to win it!"

"how many more most die before you two start to act like military men?...

instead of fools!!!"  -Leonard McCoy, 3rd season ep 'Day of the Dove'

:D

quite true. but that doesn't alter the fact that soft-spoken words of diplomacy are not gonna be enough to stop the terrorist juggernaut isis, now does it?

"who cares who started it? we're in it! and we better start trying to win it!"

"how many more most die before you two start to act like military men?...

instead of fools!!!"  -Leonard McCoy, 3rd season ep 'Day of the Dove'

:D

It matters who started it because it was the wrong war in the wrong place. But there was no oil in Afghanistan, so a war in Afghanistan would not have enriched Halliburton and other Bush/Cheyney business cronies. So now we're in a mess. The Republicans consistently create all sorts of problems because they want to enrich big business, whether it's fighting climate change or going to the wrong war.

Now -- to the problem at hand. I'm a progressive Democrat. That does not mean that I'm a paficist. And I also believe in the value of spying. I think Edward Snowden is a traitor. I think when the far right libertarians and the far left agree, something must be wrong. Whatever we do going forward, I don't care if they tap my phones. I want them to gather information that can lead them to terrorists before they strike.

I'm leaving for London on Monday. It will be interesting to see how this tragedy plays into the conversation about the UK leaving the European Union. 

It matters who started it because it was the wrong war in the wrong place. But there was no oil in Afghanistan, so a war in Afghanistan would not have enriched Halliburton and other Bush/Cheyney business cronies. So now we're in a mess. The Republicans consistently create all sorts of problems because they want to enrich big business, whether it's fighting climate change or going to the wrong war.

Now -- to the problem at hand. I'm a progressive Democrat. That does not mean that I'm a paficist. And I also believe in the value of spying. I think Edward Snowden is a traitor. I think when the far right libertarians and the far left agree, something must be wrong. Whatever we do going forward, I don't care if they tap my phones. I want them to gather information that can lead them to terrorists before they strike.

I'm leaving for London on Monday. It will be interesting to see how this tragedy plays into the conversation about the UK leaving the European Union. 

glad to hear you're not some sesame street pacifist like obama and kerry. I have long conceded that bush and cheney made mistakes with the 2nd gulf war but obama has made some little boo-boos himself like pulling all u.s. troops out from iraq completely.

barack certainly wasn't listening to his inner bush when he did that, that was HIS call. he cancels a missile defense shield. draws a red line in syria then chickens out. mischaracterizes isis as a manageable threat that can wait to finally be destroyed years after he's out of office. I wonder if obama still personally believes that after last nite in paris. I think the man is so arrogantly counter-intuitive that he probably does! :D

an overwhelming contingent of international ground forces oughta be transported to syria with adequate firepower to engage and destroy isis completely, but we should give the kurds the best hi-tech weaponry we have...

provided obama and kerry could work up that kind of guts.

"There no doubt will be those who look upon immigrants and refugees as the enemy as a result of these attacks, because they look like those who perpetrated these attacks, just as peaceful Japanese Americans were viewed as the enemy after Pearl Harbor. But we must resist the urge to categorize and dehumanize, for it is that very impulse that fueled the insanity and violence perpetrated this evening.

Tonight, hold your loved ones, and pray or wish for peace, not only from guns and bombs, but from hatred and fear. If it is our freedom and joy they seek to destroy, give them not that victory. Against the forces of darkness and terror, love and compassion shall always prevail. ‪#‎JeSuisParis‬"

-- George Takei

• Like 1

an overwhelming contingent of international ground forces oughta be transported to syria with adequate firepower to engage and destroy isis completely, but we should give the kurds the best hi-tech weaponry we have...

which is certainly more hypothetical than probable.

As I said before let Russia and Iran deal with ISIS in Syria while the West deals with ISIS in Iraq.

This way the two sets of military forces don't have to coordinate any attacks and it greatly reduces the risk of accidental attacks (e.g. Russia planes  bombing Western forces by accident).

I believe the attacks in Paris will now lead to what I have been pushing for the last year or so.   i.e. Giving up the silly effort to defeat Assad and instead focusing all energy on defeating ISIS.

• Like 3

As I said before let Russia and Iran deal with ISIS in Syria while the West deals with ISIS in Iraq.

This way the two sets of military forces don't have to coordinate any attacks and it greatly reduces the risk of accidental attacks (e.g. Russia planes  bombing Western forces by accident).

I believe the attacks in Paris will now lead to what I have been pushing for the last year or so.   i.e. Giving up the silly effort to defeat Assad and instead focusing all energy on defeating ISIS.

This is a great idea!

What's keeping the U.S. from eradicating ISIS from Iraq?  We sure were in a big hurry to get rid of Saddam and spared no bomb. One can't fight a "clean" war fighting theses barbarians that beheads 3 year olds. 

If ISIS want to go to Allah then let's send them there.

CQJtf4QU8AAuTea.jpg

• Like 2

This is a great idea!

What's keeping the U.S. from eradicating ISIS from Iraq?  We sure were in a big hurry to get rid of Saddam and spared no bomb. One can't fight a "clean" war fighting theses barbarians that beheads 3 year olds. 

CQJtf4QU8AAuTea.jpg

"one more thing, your mission tonite is strategic. you can't afford to give the enemy a break...

send 'em to hell!  -john wayne, the longest day

This is a serious threat to the entire world- if they can do that in Paris- who is next London, Madrid, San Francisco, Tokyo ?  These people are EVIL- they are fanatics that can not be reasoned with- the civilized world better wake up and united to erradicated them of we are all doomed

This is a great idea!

CQJtf4QU8AAuTea.jpg

couple of things I heard last nite on the cable news channels. 

"this is what the world looks like without american leadership."

"you can deny reality but you cannot deny the effects of denying reality for any length of time."

This is a serious threat to the entire world- if they can do that in Paris- who is next London, Madrid, San Francisco, Tokyo ?  These people are EVIL- they are fanatics that can not be reasoned with- the civilized world better wake up and united to erradicated them of we are all doomed

it should be said again...

"all the evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

oratory no matter how eloquent is no substitute for true leadership.

• Like 1