Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

~Robert Montgomery~

i haven't written before - but it is so nice to know that there are other people on this planet who appreciate the actors of yester-year. i was so upset that TCM changed the monday robt. montgomery line-up in favor of shelley winters that i ended up working late!

Yeah, I was upset by the change as well and wish the tribute could've been another night. Montgomery's being STOM gives this almost forgotten actor the spotlight for once, and I hated to see him lose one of his primetime honors. I also enjoy Robert Osborne's introductions, which we probably won't see when the films are rescheduled.

Ditto! I'm glad to hear others feel the same way. I really thought they should have put the tribute some other night. I certainly DO agree there should have been a tribute, although I'm not a Shelley Winters fan myself, but I feel ripped off because we're missing some of the promised Montgomery films.

I, too, love Robert Osborne's comments - and if I am taping a movie, always try to get it on a night when it's introduced by Bob. ^^

• 4 months later...

?Saw Untamed for the first time, last night, and I was actually impressed (also for the first time) with Montgomery's acting.?

Uhh.... do you have a video or a DVD of this film? If so, can you do still frames of it?

Yancey, no I don't need any still shots. I need someone else's opinion. When you have time, go to the beginning of the film and watch her dance scene. When the guy comes in and pickes her up and swings her around in the air, then run it at slow speed and still frame it and see if you notice anything unusual during that sequence.

"What are y'all talking about? What is the shot that you'd particularly like to see from "Untamed"? I've seen the movie,I'm interested in what scene you're talking about."

It's something about her costume.

• 1 month later...

After being on hiatus from TCM for awhile, I now just go online to do a search for my fav actors in the forums and find out all I missed out on RM earlier this year!! I wonder if these films will be shown again on TCM, as it looks like there were a numerous amount of them that were shown I had thought were lost in the old film vaults.

I myself am such an admirer of RM's work I had even delved into looking for a biography & found no one had ever written one & once thought of working on myself, although I have collected memorabilia after memorabilia on the artist. He had always been a strong personality in film, and back in those early days got him into trouble with contracts, scripts and all. Politically minded as well, he rather reminds me of the personality of Alec Baldwin (minus the current tabloid issues!). Just my two or three cents' worth .

I've heard that they're selling this Carmen Miranda/Cesar Romero image on a postcard in an "artsy" stationer in San Francisco. I haven't tracked it down yet, but it just might replace my correspondence cards... ;)

• 2 months later...