Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time zone setting for schedule

I like the new look of the website. The genre labels are a nice addition.

My complaint ( which may not be appropriate for this forum) is that the toggle for the time zone that was part of the old schedule display/print is no longer readily available.

Did I miss something?

• 3 weeks later...

I live in the central time zone and usually print off the monthly schedules. Central time zones are no longer offered. Is anyone else irritated by this? I know I can just subtract an hour from eastern time, but that is just not convenient.

I quite agree, LizLipp, about the lack of a Central Time Zone listing. Sure, I, too, could just subtract an hour from the listed time, but why should I? Most inconvenient. I must say that I have no other complaints about the format of the schedule. I am jolly pleased.

All the respect for TCM has disappeared quickly over the past month while awaiting the return of features ripped from us with the new website design. By forgetting all of us west of the Eastern time zone and by doubling the size of printouts of your monthly schedule, the person who okayed the switch to the new site format gets my award for the dumbest person on the planet. It was obviously a heartless, brainless easterner.

I have to agree. The schedule and the lack of the TCM library search are very disappointing. The redesign is not functional at all. If features weren't ready then they should have waited to launch the redesign. But they rushed. As a result the schedule lacks time zones and there is no longer a TCM library search. Even though they continue to claim the movie database search is the same it is not as there is no indication as to which films are part of the TCM library and which are not.

Another problem I noticed with the montly schedules is that they all end with what's on Feb 1 12:00am - 6:00am instead of what's on during the first day of the next month; for example you can't tell what's on March 1 12:00am - 6:00am by looking at the Feb or March schedules.

I read: "you are currently viewing the US Schedule" on your monthly schedule page (as opposed to the Canadian schedule). That's wrong. It should have read, "you are currently viewing the Coastal Schedule."

I've been patient all month for you to "add" an important feature, Central and Mountain times, to your site; a feature that you know how to do because you have done it before.

I hope the person that is supposedly working on this feature isn't the person that ripped it out last December.

• 2 weeks later...

12/19/2005 1:01 EST - Quote

01/23/2006 12:24 EST - Quote

12/28/2005 10:42 EST - Quote

So... Do you now have a new date projected for the time zone functionality? This waffling is getting ridiculous. You're starting to sound like a politician...

"Without a schedule for Pacific Time, I rarely watch the channel anymore."

Sadly, I've noticed the same thing here. I'd use the schedule to plan which movies to record while I was at work, and then watch them later, and now I just don't bother to do the math. I've stated it before, but there's no logical reason why TCM's webmasters can't remedy the inconvenience.

"Without a schedule for Pacific Time, I rarely watch the channel anymore.">>

The schedule does have times for PST. Has had since the changeover. Am I missing something?

The schedule has Eastern and Pacific time. Not sure why someone thought that it didn't. It could be the way it is displayed, before the redesign it had a toggle feature instead of being side by side. However it doesn't have Central or Mountain.

I don't think there is anyone working on the problem, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

The original site allowed the user to select the time zone (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska and Hawaii) for viewing the daily and monthly schedules (this, next and month after).

The present version allows a user to view the newly formatted schedule for the present month (one day at a time) while displaying the ET and PT. The monthly (printable) schedules are available in ET only.

What I find particularly frustrating is the loss of the feature that allowed one to toggle time zones when viewing/printing the schedule for the present and successive months.

I agree with another complaint about the larger size of the printed month schedule (this can be defeated with some effort by copying it into a spreadsheet and playing with the margins and font).

I hope that TCM is continuing to work on this.

Hello - we are busy working on the schedule changes; due to the many requests, we're having to redo the page to fit in all the features. This includes being able to view multiple months, view/print multiple months, adding the time zone selections, adding in themes for the evenings, and including basic info on the main page (synopsis, cast, runtime, etc.) - all requests we have received.

We're about half way there - we will likely test and deploy these at the end of February.

We appreciate your patience on this. Thank you.

tcmweb

Thanks for your answer .............. personally, I don't have any trouble being patient as long as I know that these changes ARE coming sometime. It's really hard to be without certain features after being used to them. My biggest problem is not being able to view things in my time zone. So, it's nice to know these issues are being addressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just return things to the state before the programmers messed everything up on schedules that shouldn't be too hard. Someone made a stupid mistake, now you compound it by not eliminating the change.

"We're about half way there - we will likely test and deploy these at the end of February. "

It is the end of February!

Hello - we are close to finishing the TCM Schedule Page updates (which includes time zone capability) and will try to release these very soon. Although we had anticipated the end of Feb., it will likely be a few more days for testing - we are targeting the end of this week. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

tcmweb

PLEASE PUT UP THE MAY SCHEDULE.

And while you're at it, would someone please address all the problems that have

been presented on this forum, regarding the printed monthly broadcast schedule.

It now takes over 35-50 pages to print this schedule (depending on font size), whereas it used to take me only 16 pages to print the monthly schedule prior to all of the website changes. This is a REDICULOUS waste of paper and ink. Forum members have been asking that these problems to be corrected for 3 MONTHS.

I used to visit this website all the time, checking schedules, searching the TCM LIBRARY. However, it seems like some of the most important and best features on the site have either been broken or removed altogether.

It appears that the site is now fully concentrated on SELLING MERCHANDISE,

instead of servicing its members. Couldn't TCM have managed to do both?

This was once such a great website. WHAT A SHAME.