Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

where is obama's refugee vetting program?

As serious as this topic attempts to be, I can't help but think of what a nephew of mine said....

"Just put 'em all in those rat infested abandoned warehouses on the east side(here in Detroit).  You KNOW if they try any of that **** in the D, they'll find themselves OUTGUNNED!"  :D

But yeah, as much as it hurts to occasionally agree with right-wing rhetoric, I have to side with Governor Rick Snyder in his reluctance to take in any Syrian refugees until a fool-proof vetting plan is in place.

I SAY, take the "vetting" term literally.....

Like, when I take my DOG to the VET, I get him "fixed"!  :)

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language

As serious as this topic attempts to be, I can't help but think of what a nephew of mine said....

"Just put 'em all in those rat infested abandoned warehouses on the east side(here in Detroit).  You KNOW if they try any of that **** in the D, they'll find themselves OUTGUNNED!"  :D

But yeah, as much as it hurts to occasionally agree with right-wing rhetoric, I have to side with Governor Rick Snyder in his reluctance to take in any Syrian refugees until a fool-proof vetting plan is in place.

I SAY, take the "vetting" term literally.....

Like, when I take my DOG to the VET, I get him "fixed"!  :)

Sepiatone

There is no such thing as a fool-proof vetting plan.    Just like there is no fool-proof airline screening process.    I know you know this so I'm surprised you would use 'fool-proof'.    Instead the question is:  What is the acceptable risk tolerance level one expects from a vetting plan?    (i.e. the acceptable percentage of applications that will be able to beat the vetting process).        

I can understand why some will say this risk tolerance is ZERO.   

I do find it odd that Cruz and some others in the GOP are willing to take in Syrians that claim to be Christian.    I say 'claim to be' since there is no fool-proof way to know if a Syrian is really a Christian or not.  Since many in the GOP don't believe Obama is a Christian but instead a Muslim why wouldn't they also believe that Syrian terrorists would claim to be Christians just to gain entry. 

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited Quote for Language

"This year, American counterterrorism officials began focusing their resources on these Americans — known as homegrown violent extremists — after the Islamic State altered its tactics. After months of trying to persuade Americans to travel to join it in Syria and Iraq, the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, began using social media to urge its sympathizers in the United States to stay put and plot violence here."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/us-investigators-struggle-to-track-homegrown-isis-suspects.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

But yeah, as much as it hurts to occasionally agree with right-wing rhetoric,

LOL, you'd better prepare yourself to get use to it, because the vest-bombs and car bombs are going to start going off over here soon, and the shooting up of malls and concert halls and theaters and universities will become common.

There used to be a public service announcement on TV that said all aliens with visas and all non-citizens had to report to any post office ONCE EVERY YEAR, and fill out a form saying where they currently lived and what they were doing.

I saw that PSA on TV all my life, until the government stopped showing it in the 1990s.

And so now, look what all this love-and-kisses "multi-culturalism" stuff has brought to the civilized world? It has brought the uncivilized savage world right into our own neighborhoods. It has brought us murder and terrorism, women and female children sex slaves, the kidnapping of men and women and the cutting people's heads off if they disagree with you.

Love-and-kiss, love-and-kiss, love-and-kiss, celebrate ALL cultures, including ISIS culture (do not discriminate, do not "profile"), then watch the heads of your family members roll onto the floor and down the stairs... bounce, bounce, bounce.

LOL, you'd better prepare yourself to get use to it, because the vest-bombs and car bombs are going to start going off over here soon, and the shooting up of malls and concert halls and theaters and universities will become common.

There used to be a public service announcement on TV that said all aliens with visas and all non-citizens had to report to any post office ONCE EVERY YEAR, and fill out a form saying where they currently lived and what they were doing.

I saw that PSA on TV all my life, until the government stopped showing it in the 1990s.

And so now, look what all this love-and-kisses "multi-culturalism" stuff has brought to the civilized world? It has brought the uncivilized savage world right into our own neighborhoods. It has brought us murder and terrorism, women and female children sex slaves, the kidnapping of men and women and the cutting people's heads off if they disagree with you.

Love-and-kiss, love-and-kiss, love-and-kiss, celebrate ALL cultures, including ISIS culture (do not discriminate, do not "profile"), then watch the heads of your family members roll onto the floor and down the stairs... bounce, bounce, bounce.

best post I've ever seen! :D

"logic was impeccable, captain. we are in grave danger." -spock, the changeling

"that's the situation in a nut." -walter brennan, bad day at black rock

Am I the only one who sees the IRONY that in many cases the very same people who seem so afraid of there being "holes" in this "vetting system" to allow these refugees into this country that might possess the potential to cause them harm in mass form, are often the very SAME people who resist with all their might more stringent measures to "vet" those who are ALREADY U.S. citizens who presently "legally" own firearms and who occasionally because of their unstable mental heath go on little "NON-political terror attacks" of their own in this country?

BUT of course in THIS case, the prevailing, overriding AND bottom-line rationale seems to be that these mass murders we ALREADY must occasionally endure are "just the price we must all pay in order to ensure that our guns are available to us 'responsible gun owners' just in case we have to fight off that 'potential tyrannical government' of ours", and which has ALWAYS seemed to ME anyway just as PARANOID a thought AND "rationale" as is all this PRESENT talk of being FEARFUL of an inadequate refugee vetting system.

(...yep, as I often say around here..ain't THAT ironic"?!!!)

• Like 1

Have a solution to the refugee problem....STOP creating it to begin with by trying to overthrow STABLE countries (unending constant wars) and replace their system with something worse.

HELLO!!!

Well ham, as ND is so often fond of saying around here, "That horse has already left the barn"..or variations on that theme, anyway.

(...and while I of course agree with your thought here, I think ND's oft-used expression might pertain here as well)